PDA

View Full Version : Superskoda - modded RS wagon link

code618
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Check out this link on SuperSkoda - mildly modded Octavia RS wagon.

http://www.superskoda.com/articles/ingo-germany

Be interested to get people opinions on the alloys (I think they look sweet!) and the carbon fibre look pillar covers. From a distance they look quite good - not sure what the finish is like though.

wombatoutofhell
08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Interesting.
I don't mind the alloys but I think they'd only look good on the white or yellow car. undecided about the carbon fibre look pillers-needs a better pic. Other mods on it-I could live with the chrome mirrors, tail light surrounds, boot lip and door handles but I think these would look best on a black or the blue cars. I love the stumpy aerial. I hate the headlight covers. I don't mind the rear spoiler. I like the RS badge but I think it's a bit big.

indulis
11-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I think the black mags make the car look as if it has had its hubcaps stolen.

Might look OK in real life, but I think black mags should stay on dark coloured cars.

The carbon fibre pillar blackouts look nice from a distance- the make the car look a lot more sleek. Always thought the pillars on the Skoda looked a bit wide. I think I'd prefer just plain black pillar blackouts though, I suspect up close the texture of the carbon fibre might look a bit cheap or "riced" for my taste!

VRS-Vic
10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I love the black wheels on the white skoda...I'm considering getting them for my wagon :)

what size are they? 18", 19"?

team_v
10-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Drop it on some white wheels, tint/black the headlights and set the mirrors back to white and it would look ace.
To me the black wheels don't contrast as well on a white car.

GoLfMan
10-07-2009, 01:06 PM
black wheels look ACE on a white car, I'm a big fan of that :) the contrast really makes it! A dark grey wheel colour is also nice on a white car

those eyelids make it look realllll sleeeeeeepy (or stoned j: )

team_v
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
black wheels look ACE on a white car, I'm a big fan of that :) the contrast really makes it! A dark grey wheel colour is also nice on a white car

The dark grey/gunmetal would be okay.
The black wheels just make them indistinguishable from the tyre so it begs the question, why bother?