PDA

View Full Version : WTB Bora 4motion

dylan8
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi guys, looking for a 4motion as im going to sell my 2lt Bora much to my disappointment and thought why not upgrade while im at it.

have checked car sales and the forums so far, will be travelling to melbourne most likely to have a look around dealers. Just wondering if you guys know of any that you think would be a good bargin? Would like to avoid black, dark blue, and silver in colour. Prefer a later dated one, lower the kms the better ofcoarse. And prefer dealer if possible. All of these arn't necessities.

Looking 20k max i think, have no idea how much ill get for mine..

Also can anyone explain the differences between the 4mo sport and jsut standard 4mo, i see spoiler, front grill, but other then that?

Manaz
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Spoiler, front grill, stock wheels were 17"s.

That's it AFAIK.

You'll pay more to pick one up from a dealer. I paid $17k for mine privately, dealers were after $22k for cars in worse condition with more kilometres on the clock...

goodfella
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
i paid 27k :duh: for mine but granted it was 4.5 yrs, FSH and only 37k on the clock. I think the market dropped the minute I signed the dotted line, but never looked back, i have had it for 20months now and put 30k on it. I love it.

Manaz is correct, the Sport ed was about $5k more for the priviledge of different grill, rear boot spoiler and 17" 5 spoke alloys.

dylan8
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Ok thanks guys, yeah i dont think its worth it considering im not a big spoiler fan and would most likely remove it if i couldnt get it to grow on me, dont care about the grill, if anything the normal one with the chrome touches matches the car (with my black bora anyways), and the wheels would most likely be the 2nd thing changed if i got 1. and for the 4 badges on the back, looks a little crowded for me.. but all thats just my opinion.

goodfella
07-05-2009, 09:58 PM
If you have your stock wheels, I would put them back on. For trade in, I dont think a dealer gives a toss if its got the 18's. You could always put them on the 4mo or sell them separately. I will be offloading my stock 4mo 16's at the end of the month if you need a set as I just got some 17's.

You could prob do the same with your swish stereo headunit.

dylan8
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
If you have your stock wheels, I would put them back on. For trade in, I dont think a dealer gives a toss if its got the 18's. You could always put them on the 4mo or sell them separately. I will be offloading my stock 4mo 16's at the end of the month if you need a set as I just got some 17's.

You could prob do the same with your swish stereo headunit.

Yeah still got my stock wheels (kept all my stock parts), i actually quiet liked them, jsut needed to be bigger/wider. but yeah, old man was telling me to sell them, but looks like i was right haha. Thanks for the offer tho. Yeah ill try to sell as is for a fair amount privately and see where we go from there, the headunit is the only thing id really like to keep, wheels maybe but would depend on what colour car i was getting, and i could live with the stock 1s on a new car for a while as im looking to do suspension first this time around.

Yevvy
18-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Bought mine a bit more than a month ago for *cough ...a bargain lets say ;) its done 170k but was the best deal. Love it, but wish i had the money for the mk4 r32 :)

dylan8
18-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Bought mine a bit more than a month ago for *cough ...a bargain lets say ;) its done 170k but was the best deal. Love it, but wish i had the money for the mk4 r32 :)

Hey Yevvy, still running ok with those km on the clock? no probs? km turn me off cars fairly quick when it comes to buying.

Yevvy
18-05-2009, 08:47 PM
yeah kays turn me off as well. but this was top deal, if you want to know the price pm me. no REAL problems so far *knocks on wood. engine runs smooth, only a small rattle coming from a chain, and one of my abs sensors is faulty. but i'm pretty happy with it :)

dylan8
18-05-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah kays turn me off as well. but this was top deal, if you want to know the price pm me. no REAL problems so far *knocks on wood. engine runs smooth, only a small rattle coming from a chain, and one of my abs sensors is faulty. but i'm pretty happy with it :)

PM sent :) thats good then, hope it stays that way for you.

On another note, been looking around, also found a few audi a4 b6. Not a vw i know, but if i cant find something else i like vw thats what ill be looking at, anyone had one of these or been in one? they have '1 speed Constantly Variable'. auto i understand but can anyone explain?

jayjay
18-05-2009, 11:23 PM
for the same price as a v6 bora you could get into an A4 20v quattro turbo...

Yevvy
19-05-2009, 11:59 AM
STAY AWAY from those CVT Audis. Those gearboxes constantly varry their ratio, so the revs stay in the same point but you go quicker. It saves fuel but I heard they tend to break down a lot and I don't think you can tune a cvt equiped car. Just go for a manual, or if you want an auto well get a proper auto box then.

I go with jayjay on this. If you can afford a 20v turbo a4 b6 quattro, get it. those things got everything a v6 4motion in terms of kit and some after that, and after a simple chip it'll be faster and more powerful than the bora :)

Have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEFyfcD4Jc

dylan8
19-05-2009, 12:49 PM
for the same price as a v6 bora you could get into an A4 20v quattro turbo...

STAY AWAY from those CVT Audis. Those gearboxes constantly varry their ratio, so the revs stay in the same point but you go quicker. It saves fuel but I heard they tend to break down a lot and I don't think you can tune a cvt equiped car. Just go for a manual, or if you want an auto well get a proper auto box then.

I go with jayjay on this. If you can afford a 20v turbo a4 b6 quattro, get it. those things got everything a v6 4motion in terms of kit and some after that, and after a simple chip it'll be faster and more powerful than the bora :)

Have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEFyfcD4Jc

Thanks guys, would prefer a manual anyways, main reason it caught my eye was it has a 5 year warrenty apparntly and came with 19" wheels and was at a dealer. Ill suss out the quattros. Would still like to stay vw if i can fnd one haha

BI65ND
01-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey mate, PM sent