PDA

View Full Version : 1994 golf vr6

JET-28L
16-12-2006, 01:24 AM
hey people i need help! first of all im new to this and i just bought a golf vr6 1994 now i am selling my plates which are TIGAR and selling my rims aswell. but i need help with this part, my golf has a blown gearbox and exhaust leak and needs the major servicing done so if anyone could help me out with the gearbox exahsut or servicing that will be much appreciated. and if anyone is interested in the plates or rims (i have one pic of the car but more will be coming up soon) sms me or call me on 0413 051 512 ask for martin thanks

Golf Loon
16-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi TIGAR, please post your location, as it makes it easier to help you.

I`m in Sydney and have a couple of VR6 gearboxes and am wrecking a VR6 at the moment. PM me or call 0423 051737 if you need any help.

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place for VW help.

peedman
16-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Im pretty sure this car is in Sydney as I saw it advertised in carsales. Hope you got a good price for it, it seemed like it needed a bit of work.

As for the plates and rims, try to sell them on ebay or on other car forums as I dont think you will get much luck here j: The exhaust leak if it is small, you can get welded up at an exhaust shop for $50 or under depending on where you go (or if you are handy with a welder yourself).

Btw, post up some pics of your beast!:D

Golfer
16-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Dude, i saw it on Carsales too. All the textured surfaces have been colour coded, which looks kinda cool (like a Mercedes), with big chromies :D Careful though if it's a thrasher it could be due for some really really expensive repairs!!! VW's can be expensive to fix. Just be prepared to reach into your wallet plenty :mad:

Nice choice of cars though dude. Welcome to the forum!

Cheers
John :cool:

DUBING
16-12-2006, 12:04 PM
i seen the car last Monday on the road, yeah the car looked like it needed a whole lot of work.. was that you driving it or the previous owner. Loon can help you out with the parts, good luck mate.

KI11Z
16-12-2006, 05:39 PM
j: WELCOME j:

lol, in sydney huh?! where are all tha Queenslanderzzz! Maybe I should move back down there . . . . Sounds like a nice lil project u got there! You wont be dissapointed :D Hope it all works out fawya! Loon is like a walking veedub encyclopedia with all the parts to match! lol, hit'im up . . .

Enjoy the forum . . .

JET-28L
16-12-2006, 07:29 PM
DUBING yeh that was me driving that day. That was the day i blew my gear box lol im am located in sydney hurstville area

Golfer
17-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Hey Alex, you may want to move back down to Sydney for the cars, but man, i reckon all these fools oughta move up here for the weather!!!

You can build a car workshop anywhere, but for sure you cant build SE Qld weather in Sydney, Melbourne or Hobart (Don't get offended guys, it's just our part of the world rocks something fierce! :D)

Back me up Alex! Let's bring the VW gurus to paradise, 'cause we can't bring paradise to the gurus!

Cheers!!!!
John :cool:

DubSteve
17-12-2006, 02:52 PM
DUBING yeh that was me driving that day. That was the day i blew my gear box lol im am located in sydney hurstville area

Hi TIGAR Welcome to the forum. One more vr6 on the forum HOO RARRRHH j:

I'm located in Bexley only 5 minutes away from you. I saw that car on carsales aswell. I saw the price then looked at the problems that it had. Hope you can get that gearboxed fixed in a giff.

From those pics it looked like it had a bit of scratched from carsales. Hopefully there is no other problems for you. Get yourself some BBS rims originals very nice :) and sell those ones.

You will be able to find what ever you need on this forum, good to have you on board. How much did you get it for? Wasnt it advertised for about $7500?

DUBING
17-12-2006, 06:45 PM
hah top stuff, that silver Vr6 that gave u a wave on harrow rd kogarah was me... :) good luck with the project, mk3's turn out to be some very nice car's when a little money is invested

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

JET-28L
17-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi TIGAR Welcome to the forum. One more vr6 on the forum HOO RARRRHH

I'm located in Bexley only 5 minutes away from you. I saw that car on carsales aswell. I saw the price then looked at the problems that it had. Hope you can get that gearboxed fixed in a giff.

From those pics it looked like it had a bit of scratched from carsales. Hopefully there is no other problems for you. Get yourself some BBS rims originals very nice and sell those ones.

You will be able to find what ever you need on this forum, good to have you on board. How much did you get it for? Wasnt it advertised for about $7500?

nah it was for sale for 5 g'z but what i did was buy a integra 1991 that was worked abit but it had front end damage and i did a str8 swap for the golf i paid 3 g'z for the integra lol shhhh he doesnt no

BL33SU
17-12-2006, 10:23 PM
lol welcome tigar,
abit of work to the car and it will look awesome. the rims have to go lol:confused:

JET-28L
17-12-2006, 10:26 PM
lol tell me about it those rims r the ugliest things on the planet lol i want some black light wieght rims if i paint the car orange

DubSteve
18-12-2006, 07:26 AM
lol tell me about it those rims r the ugliest things on the planet lol i want some black light wieght rims if i paint the car orange

Orange? Why orange? Leave the car white cause white vr6's are the shizzle my nizzle lol :D

JET-28L
19-12-2006, 12:21 AM
ok if not orange what colour does ne one rekon i should paint it

DubSteve
19-12-2006, 01:30 AM
ok if not orange what colour does ne one rekon i should paint it

Black would look the shizzle. Maybe respray to a candy white or something to bring the white and make it go POAHHHHH!!!

DUBING
19-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Gingster yellow! i have never seen one in aus!

but black takes the cookie!

DubSteve
19-12-2006, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=DUBING]Gingster yellow! i have never seen on in aus!

Igor, he said he wanted to paint orange.; but yellow does look pretty schmick. :)

BL33SU
19-12-2006, 06:58 PM
i like d look of the yellow with badgless grille. looks hot!;)

dvw16v
19-12-2006, 10:14 PM
KEEP IT WHITE!!! dont go black it does look good in black but body has to be perfect and i mean perfect (no bog, sink back will show eventually) and will be pricey for a full colour change from white to black

chadzter
19-12-2006, 10:48 PM
hey people i need help! first of all im new to this and i just bought a golf vr6 1994 now i am selling my plates which are TIGAR and selling my rims aswell. but i need help with this part, my golf has a blown gearbox and exhaust leak and needs the major servicing done so if anyone could help me out with the gearbox exahsut or servicing that will be much appreciated. and if anyone is interested in the plates or rims (i have one pic of the car but more will be coming up soon) sms me or call me on 0413 051 512 ask for martin thanks

Hey i have seen ur car on Carsales, How come ur selling ur Plates?

JET-28L
19-12-2006, 10:53 PM
lol because i hate them i dont like TIGAR i want somfing like BAD-VR6 or VR6-23Q

chadzter
19-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Hahaha true, Can i ask, Why are u selling it for soo cheap i have seen it on car sales for at least 1 1/2 months now, Whats the deal? i was concdering gonna ring u, but for 5g i thought that i was dreaming :P

Golfer
19-12-2006, 11:42 PM
KEEP IT WHITE!!! dont go black it does look good in black but body has to be perfect and i mean perfect (no bog, sink back will show eventually) and will be pricey for a full colour change from white to black

Agreed... I have owned dark metallic cars in the past and they look great when they're straight (or at night) but under sunlight or flourescents you can see every ripple, indentation and any repairs ever performed 2 the car. Anyway, Steve's spot on - white is the shizzle!!! No doubt... and i love the colour coding, while it's pretty extreme it really lends your car a unique feel without losing the euro look completely. Yeah lose the mags though ;)

Cheers
John (White Golf driver) :cool:

rayray086
20-12-2006, 01:56 AM
This is what made me love my white Golf; looks great even if it is stock-looking, besides the low-ness:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/white_golf_on_steelies_2-1.jpg

Stay white!

DubSteve
20-12-2006, 07:56 AM
For sure. They do look the best white is the best.

Like John said black is the best but alot of work and time spent to get it that way. I like the white with the textured look I think thats hot. Just like above ^^^^^^^^^^^. ;)

JET-28L
21-12-2006, 02:12 AM
CHADZTER i bought the car of the bloke who was selling it for 5 g'z ( i bought a integra for 3 g'z that was smashed and did a str8 swap for the vr6 lol poor kid i think i ripped him of harddd o well) its mine now hahahahahah ok i was thinkink of respraying it white but with like a silver metallic paint going through it ne thoughts ? and also looking for some sexy light wieght black rims hehehe i got 17'' 205's on it now

rayray086
21-12-2006, 02:25 AM
CHADZTER i bought the car of the bloke who was selling it for 5 g'z ( i bought a integra for 3 g'z that was smashed and did a str8 swap for the vr6 lol poor kid i think i ripped him of harddd o well) its mine now hahahahahah ok i was thinkink of respraying it white but with like a silver metallic paint going through it ne thoughts ? and also looking for some sexy light wieght black rims hehehe i got 17'' 205's on it now

Pics! Not sure of what you mean by the "respraying white with metallic silver paint going through", though pictures of what you mean would be good too!

Just some more pics of some Golfs with black rims to get you to stay white :)

http://www.ansitex.be/images/vr61.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/newone001-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/toan717/IMG_6058.jpg

Many more at:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2789561&page=1
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2872411

JET-28L
21-12-2006, 02:37 AM
cant i respray it white whith like a silver going throught the paint? and does any one no were i can get my interior restiched with the same material but all red ?front back seats and were the door has abit of cloth

BlackVr6ix
21-12-2006, 07:45 AM
cant i respray it white whith like a silver going throught the paint? and does any one no were i can get my interior restiched with the same material but all red ?front back seats and were the door has abit of cloth

You can have the clear coat redone with a silver flake or pearl in it.

DubSteve
21-12-2006, 07:52 AM

You do that and you will have to redo the headliner and everything. Go for a black leather look :) thats what I am going to be going for. Your looking at alot of money to redo a cars interior. Just because of the time that it takes to do it. I got quoted something like 2 weeks and $3000 for leather interior and that is to do the seats and the Door pieces.

JET-28L
21-12-2006, 01:48 PM
i want tha same interior material but just in all red like GOLF LOON'S seat inside ( nice car LOON )

JET-28L
21-12-2006, 01:50 PM
You can have the clear coat redone with a silver flake or pearl in it.
your a champion thats exactly what i wanted would u no how much that would cost cause i wanna get that done

BlackVr6ix
21-12-2006, 02:21 PM
not as much as a respray, i would guestimate at well under a grand, drive in and out

peedman
21-12-2006, 02:52 PM
I say keep it simple. A nicely done 2pac white will look heaps good, my last car was exactly that and seriously was horn. I wouldnt think a full exterior respray would cost more than $1500 all up but like people have said, do the mechanics first!

Golf Loon
21-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Have you fixed the gearbox yet?

Planet Trim in Sydney did the retrim on the Beeza. Glad you like it Tigar. Its not mine anymore.

JET-28L
22-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Have you fixed the gearbox yet?

Planet Trim in Sydney did the retrim on the Beeza. Glad you like it Tigar. Its not mine anymore.
gearbox not done yet soon and how much did they charge u for the retrim ?thanks

DubSteve
22-12-2006, 07:32 AM
WIlliam on the forum now owns Matt beeza hopefully i'll see it one day :D in all its glory.

JET-28L
22-12-2006, 11:54 AM
william if u read this post i was the bloke at canterburry carwash with my mates bmw when i saw ur beaza then u went supercheap or somfing

DubSteve
22-12-2006, 02:45 PM
william if u read this post i was the bloke at canterburry carwash with my mates bmw when i saw ur beaza then u went supercheap or somfing

I went to canterbury carwash last night good to get the car clean with mo one to interupt and the use of a hose.

JET-28L
22-12-2006, 08:34 PM
one's my car is running anoying gearbox hope fully i get it done b4 the cruise

rayray086
23-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Was this the look you were going for?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/MtbAce99/DopeVr6_SideShotGraffitti.jpg

JET-28L
23-12-2006, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=rayray086]Was this the look you were going for?

nah i wanted this orange with those wheels

Golfer
23-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey those are the Riax rims I was thinking of fitting to mine! Cool :D