PDA

View Full Version : BP Ultimate Diesel

WEDEL.1
07-05-2009, 12:04 PM
SA's BP stations are set to get Ultimate Diesel for only 1.5c per litre extra reported The Advertiser yesterday.

For the extra 1.5 C/L you get more power, slightly better fuel economy (enough to offset the extra cost) and lower exhaust emissions.

The first of the stations will be supplied this week.

Maris

wicko
07-05-2009, 12:36 PM
thats excellent news - nsw has yet to get any of this and I would pay the extra after everything I have read. I just bought a new TDI golf 6.. Yes pople say I'm made and should have done petrol but I think the TDI is a great car.

very interested to hear what you think of this and how the car runs...

Here is the announcement from BP

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?categoryId=9008681&contentId=7052882

mikepologti
14-05-2009, 12:22 AM
yeah i sore bp ultimate diesel the other day up here on the coast.

OvaltoJetta
14-05-2009, 06:04 AM
SA's BP stations are set to get Ultimate Diesel for only 1.5c per litre extra reported The Advertiser yesterday.

For the extra 1.5 C/L you get more power, slightly better fuel economy (enough to offset the extra cost) and lower exhaust emissions.

The first of the stations will be supplied this week.

Maris

Slightly better fuel economy? .... mmmmmmm. It's been available in Perth for about a year now Maris and I used it for a while with no obvious difference in power and I havent bothered to see if the exhaust is "greener". But 1.5c is a lot better than 5c+ over here. :duh: But hey .... try it and see what you think.

Transporter
14-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Slightly better fuel economy? .... mmmmmmm. It's been available in Perth for about a year now Maris and I used it for a while with no obvious difference in power and I havent bothered to see if the exhaust is "greener". But 1.5c is a lot better than 5c+ over here. :duh: But hey .... try it and see what you think.

It will depend if you drive to get better fuel economy or not. If you enjoy every ride than you use more power than needed and you will not notice any changes. Remember that the saving only 0.1L/100km is still improvement in the fuel consumption. :)
I topped up first time and only less than 1/2 tank and I can't see any smoke in the rear view mirror now.

AstraOiler
25-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know when it's going to reach Melbourne and Sydney? The higher cetane index seems appealing

Greg Roles
25-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Don't expect any noticable difference...but anything that keep those injectors clean is a good thing in my opinion. I use it religiously, but noticed nothing....would probably clean up an old diesel nicely over time though!

phaeton
25-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Which ones Maris ?

VisionaryVr6
09-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Which ones Maris ?

we have it at linden park

460 greenhill road

phaeton
09-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Also these sites.......

-Cnr Cross Rd and Goodwood Rd - Cumberland Park

-across the road from Solitaire Medindie down towards North Adelaide.

Transporter
09-06-2009, 08:59 PM
BP at St. Marys and Darlington have it as well.