PDA

View Full Version : VR6 Leather options?

Mk3 AAA
29-04-2009, 11:19 PM
I want leather seats in my VR, and still be able to afford petrol after buying them, any ideas would be rad.

PM me if you have something for sale... or post away here.....

JK8
29-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I want leather seats in my VR, and still be able to afford petrol after buying them, any ideas would be rad.

PM me if you have something for sale... or post away here.....

Red leather!!!

Mrk_Mickey
30-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Let me go find the thread for those slip on leather re-trim seats...

you remember them don't you? Can be made to any specifications on special order, and $500 for the set IIRC. Boris told us about them and we were all interested in them hehe.

The other option is to buy second hand leather VR seats, but meh..you have to find them in good nick and colour, then you have to get them for a decent price, then you have to possibly ship it all to you. I'd go with the fabric and swap it over (even though that will be a pain also..) because it would mean NEW seats for a tad more. And if you've got any bits of broken foam inside your seats you can fix that up too :)

Mrk_Mickey
30-04-2009, 12:57 AM
My bad, it was $595...Still worth it if you want colours IMO.

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showpost.php?p=270255&postcount=8

Mrk_Mickey
30-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Man, if K.Dudd was paying me I'd have so many good things..... :rolleyes:

The_Hawk
30-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I have black leather, but it's from a Toledo, not the Golf. Every now and again I think about re-doing at least the front seats in VR6 style.

If your seats are in OK condition, sell them and get bodgy ones (since your going to re-built/re-trim them anyway and you can end up a few $$ in front, then get them done in the leather of your choice.

Plan B is to hunt up a set of Mk4 Recaro's or similar and have the rails modified to fit.

DubSteve
30-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Plan B is to hunt up a set of Mk4 Recaro's or similar and have the rails modified to fit.

You have to be game enough to do that :D

The_Hawk
30-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeh recaros would be rad, but probably going a little too far for a 12yr old golf.
My seats are in pretty good nick, no tears and no marks that would cause a fuss, but I'd still have to find a set of VR6 seats to butcher if I sold mine off.

Mickey's might be for sale soon :D ;) j:

The_Hawk
30-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Hmm and Alex is driving back from Sydney with no interior.......

I think some cheapo CL seats fitted while the current VR ones get done should do the trick, doubt the VR6 seats would be worth enough to justify too much juggling.

Probably not, but it's always a shame to cut up perfectly good seats if you don't have to.

Mrk_Mickey
30-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Mickey's might be for sale soon :D ;) j:

I don't know what you think about my car and its condition, but my seats are perfect. The price I'd put on them would be too high for a rip-apart and fix job, because that would be pointless.