PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Tig colour is?

Johnno
25-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Its all down to personal choice I guess...

But I can't understand who or why VW chose the two "colour" options (ie not black, white or shades in between) that they did - Catalina Blue and Wild Cherry Red.

Anyway, what is your favourite Tig colour?

Discuss:

DJY
25-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I think the Black looks the best...
but it isn't my first preference - in terms of "which one would you buy".

auswill
25-04-2009, 07:48 PM
True dat - black looks the best but I wouldnt buy it.
I rarely wash my car - and Ive had a not-at-fault accident which i think may have been avoided if my car was brighter - it was dark and the other person didnt see me.

DJY
22-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I guess I should update my post above...
I can't change my vote... but I'm now the very proud owner of a Black 147TSI!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3554676835_8c40020064.jpg

tiguan_hunting
22-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Is Mountain Grey that bad?? Can't believe no one picked that colour! That 'one' vote was me :bluesbro: Was thinking of that but now I'm having second thoughts. I want a white but they don't have the options that I'm after. So it's either Mountain Grey which is a 2 week wait or a white with a 4 month wait .... *sigh*

Rocket88
22-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Mountain Grey is a beutiful colour. It suits the Tig to a "T". When I am ready its a 147TSI fully optioned Mountain Grey for me.

Rocket88
22-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Its also a beautiful colour :) Too many bourbon and Cokes!

tiguan_hunting
22-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Its also a beautiful colour :) Too many bourbon and Cokes!
Thanks Rocket88!

I agree with many that black is the best looking but it's real hard keeping it clean and nice. White I like but ....
So next up for me is grey.

Bayman
26-05-2009, 02:13 AM
Candy White - Save $800, easy to keep clean (shows no dust), stone chips are less obvious, good contrast to the black wheel arch plastics, cool in summer, safe color to be seen at night so less accidents but I guess if you like cream leather interior, white is a no no. Need I say more!

Johnno
26-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Waitara VW had a candy white TSI parked out the front. It looked great with dark window tint, side steps and big wheels. The black looks brilliant too - photos have been posted in another thread, covered in dirt - sooo sexy!

We ordered a Reflex Silver one in the end but I wish they had let me change my order to white. Still, I saw a silver one in the city last weekend and it was ok.

Gordow
26-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Waitara VW had a candy white TSI parked out the front. It looked great with dark window tint, side steps and big wheels. The black looks brilliant too - photos have been posted in another thread, covered in dirt - sooo sexy!

I'm going to go Candy White too if I can, did you buy your Tig from Waitara dealership too? Were the dealers easy to negotiate with or they not too interested in doing any discounts?

I'm wary now of car dealers after having a rough time with a Dodge dealership when I was looking at buying a Nitro from Parramatta last year.

Johnno
27-05-2009, 01:55 PM
No, I hated Waitara VW - everything from their arrogant sales manager named Sam, to the three separate sales people who never bothered to call me back, to the stand-over sales tactics and outright lies. I will never go there again.

I also gave Denlo at Parramatta a chance, they were much better but would not budge on price. Everything there was sticker price and despite asking for loads of options, I should have saved my breath rather than try to negotiate. Even the trade-price for my old car was less than RedBook. I'm also convinced they were using the bait-and-sell tactic on a car that ...oops, will cost $2k more because I didn't see it actually has the 18" wheels on it.

Finally I went to Barlow in 5 Dock. Dealt with only one sales person (Tony) who was very reasonable and up-front, and didn't treat me like I was a moron. Managed to get a decent price (all things considered) and we chose to buy from there if for nothing other than their customer service skills. Its a bit further away from where we live but I will be damned if McCarrolls Waitara will get a single cent out of me.

Bayman
27-05-2009, 06:23 PM

We ordered a Reflex Silver one in the end but I wish they had let me change my order to white. Still, I saw a silver one in the city last weekend and it was ok.

I had to pick white as my Wife has a reflex silver Golf. If I had to get Metallic I would settle for Silver Leaf, a pleasant shade.

maxtig
29-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Only 2 colours suit the Tig - black or white. Black is too hard to keep clean and maintain, so it can only be white.

Gordow
30-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Finally I went to Barlow in 5 Dock. Dealt with only one sales person (Tony) who was very reasonable and up-front, and didn't treat me like I was a moron. Managed to get a decent price (all things considered) and we chose to buy from there if for nothing other than their customer service skills. Its a bit further away from where we live but I will be damned if McCarrolls Waitara will get a single cent out of me.

I might give Five Dock a try tomorrow afternoon then before I head down the car broker route again. I'm hoping I can get a TDI with leather and comfort pack for about $43,500 at least.

Johnno
02-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I might give Five Dock a try tomorrow afternoon then before I head down the car broker route again.

So how did you go with Fivedock - or are you going with the car broker? I would be interested to know how effective the brokers are at negotiating a price on the Tig.

colin mc breen
26-06-2009, 10:48 AM
We bought the cherry red tiguan and are very happy with it. We reviously owned a black car and would never own one again. They are very hard to keep clean especially when you have children

cubes
27-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Unfortunatly I went for the black which I felt was the best compromise out of a limited set of colors which when clean and polished comes up a treat, whites always safe but the last four cars I have owned have been white tim for a change. My first choice would have been the silver leaf but that wouldn't have gone as well with the lighter cornsilk leather like the black, its a shame the Gunmetal grey/green that's on the SEMA Show R-Line isn't available down here, overall the colors are abit flat and uninspiring with the meatalics lacking depth compared to some other VW models and the competition but the cherry red and laguna blue do stand out but are not for everybody including myself.

Anybody know if there are new colors(aus spelling) anounced for 2010 and what abou color coded bumpers which you think should be standard at least on the 147, found the color coded R-Line is available in Italy but couldnt see it on any other O.S. VW sites.

Sanman
27-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Anybody know if there are new colors(aus spelling) anounced for 2010 and what abou color coded bumpers which you think should be standard at least on the 147, found the color coded R-Line is available in Italy but couldnt see it on any other O.S. VW sites.

Typically, they drop one of the "Hero" or "trend" colours and replace it with another.Maybe blue and red will be replaced.

Difficult to paint the lower edges of the bumper, as the plastic is grained. They'd have to run 2 complete lines, a ungrained finish for painting, and a grained for bare. Or paint every base bumper grey (as they did with the Ford Territory). Also, they pick up quite some savings as the rear park sensors can be unpainted.

cubes
27-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Difficult to paint the lower edges of the bumper, as the plastic is grained. That's my point the grained plastic is the only gripe I have on the styling, makes the car look cheap in some instances, considering some cheaper rivals have the color coding standard even on the subi forester and not to mention the upper maarket Audi Q5 being built on the same platform which IMO looks all that much more stylish for it but out of my price range.

vincent
28-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Interesting...my wife has a Golf GTI in white - looks great but the rear collects dirt and always looks grubby. We have ordered a silver leaf 125 with the standard dark cloth interior - that combo works for us.

peter51
28-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Black always looks good when it's clean, but hard to keep it that way. I have settled on a mountain grey 103TDI auto, pick it up on Friday 03/07 only test drove it 2 days ago. Only diesel left without having to wait 4 months. Didn't like the other colours much anyway.

bernie58
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Mountain Grey is a beutiful colour. It suits the Tig to a "T". When I am ready its a 147TSI fully optioned Mountain Grey for me.

I'm with you Dude. Go "Mountain Grey" also don't clash with my Queensland State of Origin Maroon Shirt. Both are winners

bernie58
11-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Black always looks good when it's clean, but hard to keep it that way. I have settled on a mountain grey 103TDI auto, pick it up on Friday 03/07 only test drove it 2 days ago. Only diesel left without having to wait 4 months. Didn't like the other colours much anyway.

I only picked mine 103TDI up 3 weeks ago but in an manual, still can't talk the wife into swapping for my 100 series Cruiser. It is the best vehicle I have driven when I am allowed.