PDA

View Full Version : Humour Section under attack

99gti
24-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Of late the team have been coping all sorts of flack about how the humour section is being run. It's not an added stress we need to have so you have the option to voice your opinion!

Do we continue with the relaxed approach to moderating the humour section or do we follow a strict code of no swearing or obscene pictures? Also note that a lot of the jokes do make fun of some one, a group, race, sex, hair colour, car choice, dressing fashion and just about every possible thing that could easily be interpreted as offensive.

We as a group are fed up with being held ransom to allowing a bit of fun that's not intended to hurt any ones feelings. It's unfair on the mods to continue to cop lip from members in this un-just manor.

So, take you vote and we will deliberate on the results shortly.

Blitzen
24-04-2009, 08:13 PM
We are adults here...If you don't like it, don't look at it...Nobody is forcing you to. To the member/s who started this farce in the first place, get a sence of humour, and a life....If you don't like it, leave.
People who start these dramas are the reason our society as a whole is going down the drain... Larikanisim is an Aussie way of life. If you have never swarn in your life, you are a liar...We have all done it.

Golf Loon
24-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I vote we just delete the humour section.

It generates lots of trouble and work for the mods and is unnecessary on a VW forum.

FJ Steve
24-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I vote we just delete the humour section.

It generates lots of trouble and work for the mods and is unnecessary on a VW forum.

You didn't vote......

And in that case....any topic that has nothing to do with VW should be removed.

I thought this was a community. A community that has no humour won't be too popular.

Golf Loon
24-04-2009, 08:28 PM
You didn't vote......

And in that case....any topic that has nothing to do with VW should be removed.

I thought this was a community. A community that has no humour won't be too popular.

I didn`t vote as I reckon there should be a third option, do away with the section.

I never read it and it enerates lots of work and complaints from things people find offensive.

The internet has many funny things on it, go and find what you find funny. If it needs discussion, do it in general chat where the topics evaporate when noone cares anymore.

I agree humour is good, but why are we overloading the mods with extra work for no reason??

Blitzen
24-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree humour is good, but why are we overloading the mods with extra work for no reason??

Because people with no lives are are the ones who bring this **** on in the first place...The mods do a great job, and once in a while need to ignore the little girls in this world.

Preen59
24-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I really don't see what the ****ing problem is.. If you don't like it or you think you might be offended, don't ****ing look at it! :duh:

Some people really need to grow a pair.

maca
24-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Because people with no lives are are the ones who bring this **** on in the first place...The mods do a great job, and once in a while need to ignore the little girls in this world.

Here here!

It's called the "Humour Section". It's meant to be funny. I'm sorry, but if you don't find what's on the Humour Section funny, don't come here!

I say keep it, and continue with the relaxed approach. I love this section.

And to the people who, of course have to complain about something or are worried that what they see here could be offensive; no one is forcing you to make clicky on the section.

And to the Mods, don't think your work here isn't appreciated! It's thanks to you we can have those laughs :)

Preen59
24-04-2009, 08:55 PM
And to the Mods, don't think your work here isn't appreciated! It's thanks to you we can have those laughs :)

Exactly. :)

Tim
24-04-2009, 08:57 PM
the way I see it.
For every person that has a whinge at the way this place is run. There are 1000 people that dont whinge. I figure we out number them :)

maca
24-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I just want to ask though, what does this part mean?

......we will report posts if we dont like them

Wouldn't that cause extra work for you guys given the amount of content people can find "offensive"?

99gti
24-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I just want to ask though, what does this part mean?

Wouldn't that cause extra work for you guys given the amount of content people can find "offensive"?

Not at all, it give us a link directly to the ost in question and saves us having to troll every thread created.

Dub_Star_V6
24-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I would request the Mods don't pander to the loud minority, because if I was worried about who I would potentially offend in the course of a day, I'd never leave the house.

The people who have complained are probably the same ones who bang on about road traffic noise after buying a house next to a motorway, or go into 7-11 and protest that there are adult magazines for sale too!

If you visit the humour section, despite knowing it may contain bad swears and b( .)(. )bies, please don't complain when there are lots of other members who enjoy a laugh by reading this thread.

If you know what's there and feel you may not like it, don't visit. You're adults, you have a choice. Exercise that choice for yourself, instead trying to remove other's right to choose.

Pretty simple.

/rant.

Blitzen
24-04-2009, 09:13 PM
My mum said its ok for me to look...Do I need permission from the minority as well?? Maybe we should get permission from therie mums...One of them said its ok, she is here now:biggrin::biggrin:...Is that offensive??

maca
24-04-2009, 09:25 PM
My mum said its ok for me to look...Do I need permission from the minority as well?? Maybe we should get permission from therie mums...One of them said its ok, she is here now:biggrin::biggrin:...Is that offensive??

Haha. So offended right there. :nana:

Thanks for the clarification, 99gti.

I'm actually surprised the mods even had to create this thread. I thought it was universally understood that the content on this thread is not intended seriously.

Preen59
24-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Haha Ryan that's gold.

Haha. So offended right there. :nana:

Thanks for the clarification, 99gti.

I'm actually surprised the mods even had to create this thread. I thought it was universally understood that the content on this thread is not intended seriously.

Unfortunately, some people have little else to do but complain and due to the state of affairs the mods, really, LEGALLY have to show that they are doing the right thing. :duh:

Thats right. Lets hear it for solicitors people! :brutal:

Jarred
24-04-2009, 09:46 PM
on the whole i enjoy the humor section,

sure there is an odd post or thread or joke that is questionable everynow and then. But i can live with taht. I expect that some jokes i wont get, some i wont find funny and some will even offend me. but I don't take myself to serious, cause I realise, being in the humor section, it was meant as a joke.

my two bob

Tim
24-04-2009, 09:48 PM
on the whole i enjoy the humor section,

sure there is an odd post or thread or joke that is questionable everynow and then. But i can live with taht. I expect that some jokes i wont get, some i wont find funny and some will even offend me. but I don't take myself to serious, cause I realise, being in the humor section, it was meant as a joke.

my two bob

thats fine jarred. We dont take you too seriously either :)

Preen59
24-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Just an observation here.. But about 1/3 of the posts in this thread alone are people taking the pi$$ out of eachother..

Now, i think that's great. I really do. I believe humor brings people closer together.. :grouphug:

So here's a suggestion.. Hows about deleting the accounts of the people who continually complain and report harmless posts all the time, rather than deleting posts and threads the almost everyone on VWW gets a kick out of and keeps coming back for?
Because lets face it.. We don't want or need to know them anyway! :wasntme:

99gti
24-04-2009, 10:13 PM

The humour section makes a lot of work for us and it's unfair the mods who do the most work also cop the most grief. People need to remember its a forum and we have to go with what the majority want. Once this has run it's course we may bring back from the dead the motivational posters.

maca
24-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Just an observation here.. But about 1/3 of the posts in this thread alone are people taking the pi$$ out of eachother..

LOL. That's ironicle given the thread topic.

Jmac
24-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Im all for humour and the 1st to have a good laugh, but i dont read this section and i think its a waste of time, but hey thats my opinion.
Jmac

maca
24-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Im all for humour and the 1st to have a good laugh, but i dont read this section and i think its a waste of time, but hey thats my opinion.
Jmac

Why do you think it's a waste of time? Just curious to hear both sides of the argument, and am not trying to start .

And if you're the first to have a good laugh, check it out once in a while. I regularly get lols out of it :biggrin:

Peas out brothers!

Preen59
24-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Jmac

Thats completely ok and your DECISION.

Kind of my point, and most other peoples. :)

NickZ
24-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Well as the votes stand it is 21 for relaxed moderation - and a big fat zero for strict moderation.

I regularly frequent through here for a bit of a laugh at something silly and have forwarded many a pic on to mates who would find things funny too. If it is not your cup of tea, so be it. Sure, some images or jokes might push it, but compared to humour sections on other forums, the stuff on here is G rated!

I feel sorry for the mods who have to put up with some people who clearly have too much time on their hands and maybe need to follow good old chopper reads advice and "harden the **** up". :wasntme: I certainly hope the motivational posters ends back up on here in its full uncensored glory!

maca
24-04-2009, 11:40 PM
I certainly hope the motivational posters ends back up on here in its full uncensored glory!

Is that what happened to them? I thought they were the BEST part of this section. How come they were removed?

mikepologti
25-04-2009, 01:20 AM
why people go to places where they know there going to be offended is beyond me. ffs do i turn up to a honda dealership and start complaining ? no! i dont want to see there cars hence i dont go rifleing through there catalogues, peeing and moaning.

this thread is not a milk bar in a street you dont acidently walk down the road and stumble accross it, someone has to physically click on this thread to be here.

for gods sake exercise some anishative(or however you spell it), if you dont like it dont go here.simple

zz2
25-04-2009, 04:58 AM
at times it seems like there are more mods here than members.
yes i know being mod is a thankless task but come on guys ease up. if you took a more relaxed approach to things rather than spending all your time editing other members posts then its no ones fault but yours that you have created a massive work load

if the mod team cant accept that then just cancel out all forms of humor and fun, but i think you will find the quality of this forum will be greatly reduced

FJ Steve
25-04-2009, 07:09 AM
I find Swearing really offensive, please moderate it because the internet is really serious.
:duh:

:wasntme:

BTJ
25-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Gotta say I love the humour section on this forum. I post on various sports and music forms and the humour section here kicks arse.

People should be aware of what’s in here. Perhaps if when creating a thread we leave a little warning:

JOKE: GUY GOES INTO A BAR *WARNING SEXIST JOKE*

That way people who are sensitive to a particular issue can avoid the thread.

Also, to the people who are anti swearing, I can completely understand your views and have no problem with it, BUT, don't say that people are being unintelligent and not "exercising their vocabulary" simply because they use a swear word. Many intelligent people use swear words and I think you'd be making giant assumptions if you were to go around presuming anyone who swore hadn't taken their thesaurus pills when they woke up.

MY2C.

mikepologti
25-04-2009, 07:54 AM
:duh:

:wasntme:

laughs , i dont think he was serious lol

Treza360
25-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Sigh once again the constant vocal objections of a few are ruining it for the majority who use this section.

If you constantly find this section so offensive to your tastes and you have to vocalise this as well then why do you come to this section?

Also to those that whinge about hypocrisy in this section when their post/thread gets moderated. See where this has got us now. Instead of having the good grace to just suck it up, build a bridge and get over it, we now stand a very good chance of losing this awesome section.

Finally...
You want to hear a dirty joke?
The boy/girl/transgender person (we don't want to be sexist here do we) fell in the mud.
Now you want to hear a clean joke?
They then had a shower. I will clarify though that this shower was only for 4 minutes and with a water saving shower head so as not to upset any environmentally concerned people.

Cheers,
Trent

Treza360
25-04-2009, 09:33 AM
laughs , i dont think he was serious lol
Yep the big font word that is spelled in white probably gives that away hey (not that I condone it in any manner). :D
Cheers,
Trent

Logzy
25-04-2009, 09:53 AM
We are not living in the 1950's anymore.
Surely these days we can all handle a bit of humour and swearing these days, especially when most of it is heard on the radio or seen on the TV.

maca
25-04-2009, 10:42 AM
.............I will clarify though that this shower was only for 4 minutes and with a water saving shower head so as not to upset any environmentally concerned people.

Cheers,
Trent

Hahaha awesome mate! Always best to cover all basis!

RhysQ
25-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Well the stats currently sit at 33-2.... and I was more than happy to put my vote amongst the 32 others happy with the humour thread.

What a sad and dull place this forum would be without humour and with tight restrictions on every thread created....heading a main rule of VAG CONTENT ONLY! (excuse the pun).

I truly feel sorry for these internet vigilanties who are just out to whinge and complain, keeping a hawk eye on anything that may be even slightly politically incorrect. If you think some content is bad here, go and join boostcruising or rexnet for a week and you'll realise how clean and straight we are here, and what a great FRIENDLY community has been built up....with obviously a huge thanks to the mods for steering it in the right direction.

As has been said, no one is forcing you to look at the content in the humour section. If you look at it, that's your problem. If it's 'that bad', just don't go to the section and you will have no issues. I agree I have seen some content that is questionable, but that particular thread/page will disappear in a matter of days never to be seen again. Don't whinge to the mods every time, they've got plenty to do already.

On that note, I'm off to the humour section to have my morning laugh (much better than coffee).

Mods, the I's have it, /thread

The_Hawk
25-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Finally...
You want to hear a dirty joke?
The boy/girl/transgender person (we don't want to be sexist here do we) fell in the mud.
Now you want to hear a clean joke?
The they then had a shower. I will clarify though that this shower was only for 4 minutes and with a water saving shower head so as not to upset any environmentally concerned people.

GOLD! I laughed a lot at that one :D

maca
25-04-2009, 12:12 PM
For people who find it offensive; looking at this section is like playing with a piece of poo..

You know that playing with it will get your hands dirty and smelly, so don't!

You know that looking at this section will upset you, so don't!

Treza360
25-04-2009, 01:20 PM
;315336']I agree I have seen some content that is questionable, but that particular thread/page will disappear in a matter of days never to be seen again.
Don't worry. It is merely resting in a safe location ready to rise again and dominate the laughter. :D
Cheers,
Trent

whiteVR6
25-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I think the humour section is great...
There have been some very :eek: kind of posts but i either dont read or voice my disgust! :biggrin:...
I do find it very humourous that there are alot of people on here saying things such as 'i dont read the humour section its a waste of time blahblah' yet you do a search and can clearly see that they have read it and have posted how much they enjoy reading such threads :rolleyes:...
I think so long as when a complaint is made a thread is deleted that there shouldnt be an issue...
and seriously if its too much trouble moderating dont be a moderator !!!

Have a nice day :)

Bug_racer
25-04-2009, 09:38 PM
The Motivational thread is gone ?
Weird , very weird .
I think this forum is now overmoderated and Admin/Mods are overextending their powers .

I never read it and it enerates lots of work and complaints from things people find offensive.

But in the same section earlier :

Thats hilarious, I lauged outload a couple of times.

So you laugh at some thread , but you never read that section ? How does that work ????

And if this all about not offending anyone well , I took offence to this :

I didnt quote any. I just said it was FATTER.

Enlighten us then drag queen.

And according to these rules :

Personal Attacks
Any form of defamation will be deleted and the user warned.

I complained to admin , nothing was done .

I take it as an insult in you assuming my sexual orientation , but yet the admin team deletes a thread because of , umm , well I really dont see any good reason . Im sorry but this is pathetic !

HOLEIN1
25-04-2009, 10:08 PM
X2 for just a simple waring in the thread title...

many other forums i frequent have a similar policy/courtesy measure in place and it seems to be working fine - none of this silly bickering going on...

wombatoutofhell
25-04-2009, 11:29 PM
If you don't like it, don't look. Simple. Don't ruin it for others.
There is alot of questionable content I admit. Bit the day I get offended about a joke is the day you can put me in a pine box.
I'm sorry about the motorvational thread-my favourite thread on the entire forum. My almost adult daughter and I have done alot of bonding laughing at that thread together. I admit that I didn't get a few though.

maca
25-04-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry about the motorvational thread-my favourite thread on the entire forum.

X2. That and the Mk5 section.

sporran
25-04-2009, 11:50 PM
For what it's worth here's my take on the current situation regarding the Humour Section.
1. VWwA is not an exclusve club that you are invited to join by revered and respected members of society, and for the privelege of joining you are asked to part with $1000s worth of cash. It is like any forum that is freely open to anyone willing to come up with a username and password. If you want exclusivity and privelege join a private golf club.
2. The Humour Section may not neccessarily have much to do with the world of "Das Auto" but quite often does, and in any case serves a completely different purpose. It provides humour! A quick glance of the daily papers or news channels gives a stark reminder of how little this is depicted in our daily lives. For those of you who need a reality check I suggest checking out some of the acts that have performed at this years' Comedy Festival in Melbourne.
3. It is not hard to see that the Humour Section would take up a disproportionate amount of Mods time when compared to the other sections in VWwA, but it is a bit rich for them to complain that they have a problem with the section because of the workload. Closing the section is not the answer, but applying a clearly defined set of rules for posting if you wish to filter the content so as not offend too many people.
Personally I enjoy the Humour Section, as apart from checking out the "dailys" on the net each morning it is one of the first things I log on to. I know that some one out there in VWwA land will be able to put a smile on my dial no matter what news awaits in the outside world. OK the Humour Section may have taken on a bit of a FHM or Ralph type persona, and if that's not your bag then don't bother looking, or maybe you should log on to vw.com.au to get your fix!

DaveMack
26-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Weird , very weird .
I think this forum is now overmoderated and Admin/Mods are overextending their powers .

So you laugh at some thread , but you never read that section ? How does that work ????

Personal Attacks

I take it as an insult in you assuming my sexual orientation , but yet the admin team deletes a thread because of , umm , well I really dont see any good reason . Im sorry but this is pathetic !

So disatisfied ... tut tut ... why DO you stay? Or is it just to criticise?

Dave

gareth_oau
26-04-2009, 02:25 AM
In my opinion I think the humour section should be left in the forum, I enjoy reading much of the postings. A lot of it I think is garbage, but thats down to personal tastes as to what I versus others think is funny.

I think pictures should be funny, and leave it up to the current level of moderation if our very capable moderators deem it necessary to delete them.

I dont think people should be offended, its a humour page, not an offensive page.

If someone is concerned about being offended, then choose not to look at it - thats right YOU HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO!!

zz2
26-04-2009, 02:35 AM

Dave

if Bug Racer is anything like me im pretty sure he stays for this forums members and not the moderators over controlling BS.

mikinoz
26-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Weird , very weird .

Personal Attacks

Seb, with all respects to you and Matt - you both need to work out whatever issues you have between each other and bury the hatchet. I have been around VW internetland long enough to see the ill feeling between you both escalate and it is really about time it was resolved. I spose if it is not possible for you to resolve, it comes down to how having this ongoing tension on this and other forums will actually benefit anyone. Personally, and for others, we don't really publicly need to know or care about what competition is going on between you at a business/technical/personal level.

Ironic that this is all in the humour section as it is a bit of a grown up joke now.

As for the humour section, well I have another thought to add, and that is that is only able to be seen by users that have 40+ posts. This in some ways leads to people post early on topics that are VW related and understand how this place works and then once the humor section opens up to them they can participate. I have seen so many posts cut from that section by people who were totally out of line and they were users that were new and under 10 posts.

Just an idea.

FJ Steve
26-04-2009, 08:45 AM

Dave
Dave,
That is very constructive. Well done.
It supports the general theme that is appearing in this thread.

Blitzen
26-04-2009, 09:08 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/04/Internetarguing-1.jpg

Dub_Star_V6
26-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I have to say, I'm a bit confused at all the kerfuffle?

How is it possible that the Mods have to take time out to do a poll to decide whether a thread that people know contains adult content needs to continue? The reason this thread was created as a separate entity on these forums was to prevent exactly the thing that has happened here: members complaining that the content of a particular thread is questionable and therefore, should be removed or shutdown altogether.

People, the reason Mods go to great lengths to divide topics is to prevent this. You want to read about MkIVs, go to the MkIV thread. You want to see photos, go to the Photo Thread. You are easily offended, stay out of the Humour Section. I'm not sure how much clearer it could be?

Just like I have contributed to the automotive threads where my experience and knowledge has allowed, I have also contributed quite a few posts to the Humour Section, and the reason I've done so is because, like other members, I wanted a place to have a laugh, share a joke and check out some content that is not to all members' tastes.

Personally, I think the Humour Section is far less offensive than the 11ty billion 'PLEASE HELP ME: what wheels should I choose' or 'K&N filter' or other such mindless threads that have been covered hundreds of times yet keep on coming. Seriously people, if you need the assistance and endorsement of a forum to decide what wheels to put on your car, I'm afraid there may be far greater issues at play. Because just like visiting certain threads on these forums, choosing which wheels you want to put on your car is about the capacity to make decisions for yourself. Because that's what adults do: they make decisions for themselves. Am I the only one who sees a pattern emerging here..?

So forgive me Mods, but I was under the distinct impression that as busy as you are, you would have diverted your energies into preventing yet another mindless thread on something that has already been covered numerous times. At least the Motivational and Humour threads only contain new content?

I belong to other forums with these kinds of threads (Adult Content, Humour, YouTube etc) and all members are under no illusion that should you venture into these threads with the knowledge of their content and still be offended, you have no right of complaint and are promptly told to grow a pair and stay away if the content is not to your refined tastes.

These kinds of threads have their place, and it's a pity the Mods have had to go to all this trouble to acommodate the complaints of very few, when most members overwhelmingly approve of and enjoy them.

Blitzen
26-04-2009, 09:17 AM
I have to say, I'm a bit confused at all the kerfuffle?

How is it possible that the Mods have to take time out to do a poll to decide whether a thread that people know contains adult content needs to continue? The reason this thread was created as a separate entity on these forums was to prevent exactly the thing that has happened here: members complaining that the content of a particular thread is questionable and therefore, should be removed or shutdown altogether.

People, the reason Mods go to great lengths to divide topics is to prevent this. You want to read about MkIVs, go to the MkIV thread. You want to see photos, go to the Photo Thread. You are easily offended, stay out of the Humour Section. I'm not sure how much clearer it could be?

Just like I have contributed to the automotive threads where my experience and knowledge has allowed, I have also contributed quite a few posts to the Humour Section, and the reason I've done so is because, like other members, I wanted a place to have a laugh, share a joke and check out some content that is not to all members' tastes.

Personally, I think the Humour Section is far less offensive than the 11ty billion 'PLEASE HELP ME: what wheels should I choose' or 'K&N filter' or other such mindless threads that have been covered hundreds of times yet keep on coming. Seriously people, if you need the assistance and endorsement of a forum to decide what wheels to put on your car, I'm afraid there may be far greater issues at play. Because just like visiting certain threads on these forums, choosing which wheels you want to put on your car is about the capacity to make decisions for yourself. Because that's what adults do: they make decisions for themselves. Am I the only one who sees a pattern emerging here..?

So forgive me Mods, but I was under the distinct impression that as busy as you are, you would have diverted your energies into preventing yet another mindless thread on something that has already been covered numerous times. At least the Motivational and Humour threads only contain new content?

I belong to other forums with these kinds of threads (Adult Content, Humour, YouTube etc) and all members are under no illusion that should you venture into these threads with the knowledge of their content and still be offended, you have no right of complaint and are promptly told to grow a pair and stay away if the content is not to your refined tastes.

These kinds of threads have their place, and it's a pity the Mods have had to go to all this trouble to acommodate the complaints of very few, when most members overwhelmingly approve of and enjoy them.

I couldn't agree with you more... What you have said in the highlighted are irks the sh*t out of me!! I am on other forums too, and we even have "The Thread Of Manliness" within the humour section...
http://micromachines.motionforum.net/funny-stuff-f19/the-thread-of-manliness-t122.htm
If you don't have a sence of humour, don't look...

mikinoz
26-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I see that there are many people here that are not really seeing what asking your opinion is all about.

By being a community, rather than an executive that are making decisions that are then placed upon the forum users, asking for feedback and opinion should not be criticised.

If there are suggestions for improvements, or people who feel that they have a better understanding of what it takes to provide a community forum such as this, they should approach VWW Admin to become a participant as a moderator.

I think it is all too easy to be judgmental. I find it hilarious that people with very high post counts can quickly stick the knife in to the moderation team as well. You would think that if the moderation was that terrible, you would have resigned yourself to using another VW community.

There have been some really good pieces of feedback in this thread that can be taken on in making a decision on how to proceed forward, and thank those that have taken the time to make a considered reply.

gtimk5
26-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Dub Star, I am in agreance with you on that one. Being from the old school it always makes me wonder what happened to peoples imagination and decision making. I grew my VW passion without the internet and therfore made my own decisions on what whatevers to do and buy on my cars. Parklight not working?? I didnt go on the net as tere wasnt one. Just sorted everything out as I went. I did my apprenticeship in a non factory VW workshop and the old school VW mechanics had left so it was a case of using your brain and sorting out the problems.
I see some of the posts and think, wow, how would some get through life without computers!!! :biggrin: I know that it would have been easier for them without. Using the brain matter is a lot more rewarding!!!
Andrew :)

whiteVR6
26-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Dub Star, I am in agreance with you on that one. Being from the old school it always makes me wonder what happened to peoples imagination and decision making. I grew my VW passion without the internet and therfore made my own decisions on what whatevers to do and buy on my cars. Parklight not working?? I didnt go on the net as tere wasnt one. Just sorted everything out as I went. I did my apprenticeship in a non factory VW workshop and the old school VW mechanics had left so it was a case of using your brain and sorting out the problems.
I see some of the posts and think, wow, how would some get through life without computers!!! :biggrin: I know that it would have been easier for them without. Using the brain matter is a lot more rewarding!!!
Andrew :)

are you serious?
I thought forums were suppose to help people!!!
Please let me know if im misunderstanding you but it seems your now telling people they are stupid for asking questions!!!
Some people have no knowledge of cars... i am learning stuff everyday... people shouldnt be afraid to ask for help even if its something very basic... i think its alot better to be safe then sorry!

Blitzen
26-04-2009, 09:45 AM
are you serious?
I thought forums were suppose to help people!!!
Please let me know if im misunderstanding you but it seems your now telling people they are stupid for asking questions!!!
Some people have no knowledge of cars... i am learning stuff everyday... people shouldnt be afraid to ask for help even if its something very basic... i think its alot better to be safe then sorry!

Thats what the "seach function" is for...

This was the first forum I joined, and I quickly found it...I have learned a hell of alot off here too, and it is great you are learning.

gtimk5
26-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Which wheels should I buy for my Golf??? Umm, which chip???
it doesnt take long to search or do research. Even the pictures section is one way to decide which wheels might take to your liking.
I am happy to share my 36 years of VW knowledge but only if I know that someone else wont pop into the thread and say I know nothing. There are plenty of them around but this is getting way off topic here.
I certainly dont get on here to put down other members,

The_Hawk
26-04-2009, 09:55 AM
So we have a humour section and a vast majority of people want to keep it. Excellent.
Before this gets even more off topic it can be closed.

If anyone has a problem with a thread/post in the humour section (or any other part of the forum) they should hit the 'report button' button at the top of each post, and not complain about it in the public forum.

Same goes for those thread where a new user could of or should have used the search function, don't reply "use the search function" and nothing else, by all means tell them they should search, but provide the answer or link to the right thread if you know where it is.... THEN report the thread so it can be closed or removed as appropriate.

In many cases the mods do not see every post the second it's made, we do ask the users to help make the place better by using the report function so appropriate action can be taken.