PDA

View Full Version : New kid with Ibiza GTI!

leo46
23-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey so today 23 april is my 19th birthday (for 2 more hours anyways) so i treated myself and bought a 1995 Ibiza GTI! i love it! i consider the deal i got good. I swapped my 1992 verada for it clean swap! <<<Good side!
>>>Bad side! Shes not very pretty shes red (Fast) but it has a few scratches. I personally dont care the thing that worries me ist has like 240000 k on it ive never seen a beeza with that many! 3rd is im an auto driver and ive never been taught properly how to drive manual so im still getting used to it! and theres some linkage problem in the box when i reverse and then put it in 1st it wont go so i have to go 3rd 2nd then 1st after reverse. confusing for me! and since i dont know how to drive manuual well enough i keep smelling the plate when i change gears bad please tell me if this will eventually kill the clutch or something will i need a new 1 soon? ok so thats alot to read but one more question mainly for Loon how much would a reconditioned GTI engine cost? cheers from Lawrie! :driver:

h100vw
23-04-2009, 10:20 PM
If it isn't smoking you don't need an engine. They go on for ever, just keep changing the oil.

Does sound like the linkages need a fettle. Mine is a bit like that for going into first.

Enjoy!

Gavin

leo46
23-04-2009, 10:26 PM
cheers mate any1 know a good mechanic that knows seat on southside brisbane?or anywhere brisbane!

h100vw
23-04-2009, 10:29 PM
That has to be Jimmy, Jmac.
Gavin

william
24-04-2009, 03:01 AM
welcome to the forum laurie! you have made the right choice the ibiza gti is on faultless car ,so long as it is maintained and well keep after. mk3 golf linkages are sold on ebay just a tip, loon car help you with the rest

ps the smell is you burning your clutch its common when learning to drive manual, just release it earlier may give it a longer lifespan.

Golf Loon
24-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Good pick up, dont be scared of the ks, you cant kill that engine and replacements are cheap.

Linkages are not hard to adjust, pm jimmy mac, or my Homy Beau on the Gold Coast can do it if you fancy the drive. pm me for his number.

Enjoy the beeza, good swop to get out of a Bitsamissing :)

leo46
24-04-2009, 12:49 PM
haha cheers GC is only 15 minutes from me im on the border if this guy knows about my car thatd be a great help! i just sourced a sweet sound system alpine type R throughout with big sub in the boot.so should sound sweet. but the guy told me to use 6.5s on the parcel shelf what do you guys reckon?

Cupra
24-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Welcome Leo, great find.

There are heaps of willing & knowledgeable people on here, enjoy the beezer & your stay on vww.

cheers

Phil

leo46
25-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes and advice!