PDA

View Full Version : Badges

Jessica
21-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I wanna take all the badges off my car - Except the VW one..

Do i need to go somewhere to get this done?

Manaz
21-04-2009, 04:32 PM
If you just want to remove the badges off the rear, you can gently heat them with a hairdryer and then pass a piece of fishing line behind the badges - that will "cut" through the adhesive. Once that's done, you'd need to remove the remains of the adhesive with a solvent of some kind.

It's pretty easy to do.

GoLfMan
21-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I wanna take all the badges off my car - Except the VW one..

Do i need to go somewhere to get this done?

just do it yourself, Rayray on here has done it to his car, its a pretty simple process.. I'll be doing the same to my TDI soon aswell :D

Manaz
21-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd like to say I did mine myself - but DMSDan was detailing the car at the time, so I cheated and got him to do it. I did supply the fishing line though, and really, if he wasn't polishing the paintwork at the time, I'd have done it myself at some point.

The only badges my Bora has now are the VW badges front and back and the subtle "V6" badge in the front grill...

fuzion
21-04-2009, 07:04 PM
i would recommend like a laminated card.. library card, some sort of fake id that you may be using lol

it will cause the most minimal damages to the body of your car and if it does scratch it will be light enough to remove.

DMS_Dan
22-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Ill do a new thread for you
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=28447