PDA

View Full Version : VG Autos - Free touch-up lessons

rayray086
19-04-2009, 01:25 AM
http://www.vgautopaints.com.au/index.html

Located at Girraween, NSW (opposite Seb's workshop). I went there with a mate yesterday. Two attendants (experienced in their trade) were there to teach us. Starting at 8am, we began with learning and using the correct filler for certain applications as well as the techniques involved. Next was the sanding process, then into the spray booth where we were taught how to setup a spray gun. Also learnt to properly prep the panel for paint, and the guys also told us about blending, which was an easier process than I first thought. We finished at around 11am, after they went through the buffing and polishing steps.

Asked a good deal of questions which they answered no problems. The whole lesson was quite hands-on. It was a good experience and would definitely recommend it to others! They hold the free lessons once every month/5 weeks.

Mrk_Mickey
19-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Wow that sounds wicked, I should have gone with you! Tell me when the next one is :D

DMS_Dan
21-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah i would love to go to one of these

Manaz
21-04-2009, 04:34 PM
If there's enough interest, I'll sign up to go as part of a VWWC group :)

Mrk_Mickey
21-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah that sounds like a good idea

fuzion
21-04-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.vgautopaints.com.au/index.html

Located at Girraween, NSW (opposite Seb's workshop). I went there with a mate yesterday. Two attendants (experienced in their trade) were there to teach us. Starting at 8am, we began with learning and using the correct filler for certain applications as well as the techniques involved. Next was the sanding process, then into the spray booth where we were taught how to setup a spray gun. Also learnt to properly prep the panel for paint, and the guys also told us about blending, which was an easier process than I first thought. We finished at around 11am, after they went through the buffing and polishing steps.

Asked a good deal of questions which they answered no problems. The whole lesson was quite hands-on. It was a good experience and would definitely recommend it to others! They hold the free lessons once every month/5 weeks.

Sounds good.. definitely will have to go do that!

Also Car Care Product guys are having another detailing day on end of next month i think again too