PDA

View Full Version : Which Tiguan did you buy?

DJY
18-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok all

Whilst I'm still considering buying a Tiguan, and even having trouble working out which engine I prefer... I'm reading up in several forums about the car, the different engines, and everyone's experiences.

Everyone seems to love the Tiguan, regardless of which engine you put in it, and even regardless of what accessories / add ons you've done so far.

Rather than keep reading individual threads, I thought I might start a little poll. I appreciate that until now the 103TDI has been the most available...
but over time, I thought it might be interesting to see which model / variant becomes the most purchased?

So indicate which Tiguan you have please (not which one you would like).

For the overseas forum readers - apologies that I have only listed the Aussie models currently available for purchase.

NZTiguan
20-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Presume you mean 103 TDi auto not TSi

Cheers

DJY
20-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Presume you mean 103 TDi auto not TSi

Cheers

oops - yes a typo!
I can't change a poll item now it's up though can I?
Can a mod do it?

Pullstarter
20-04-2009, 02:44 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! TDIs are winning!!!! :biggrin:

DJY
20-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Poll fixed thanks for our clever mods....

I haven't yet voted - thus can't see the result yet!
If I "view the results" I'm not sure if I can then vote when I buy!?!?!?!

sigh

Baytown
02-05-2009, 07:06 AM
We just picked up a Silver Leaf 103 TDI Auto yesterday.
Diesel due to commonality of our other vehicles (VW T5 Van, and farm machinery).
Also better torque when towing.
Lovely car.

DJY
20-05-2009, 05:41 PM
i can now finally vote in my own poll!

Today signed up for a 147TSI, Black, Black Leather, Panoramic Sunroof!

I'm so excited!!!
Pick it up Friday - albeit without Bluetooth fitted yet.

EDIT: Delivery has occurred!!!
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=612

Rosey
23-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Hello Guys.

Been trying to post something since 2 weeks now!! :comphit: Finally got the email to activate the a/c :biggrin:

We went for 147 TSI!!!!!!

Drive away price under 53k included:
Black, pearl effect, black leather, sunroof, in built alarm, front sides tinting, 18 alloys, off road technology, paint and leather protection & mats

Cheers and happy tig hunting:goodluck:

DJY
25-05-2009, 09:03 PM
WOOHOO another Black Tiguan, and even another Black 147!
Welcome to the club Rosey!
Great choice!!!

Rosey
25-05-2009, 09:51 PM
WOOHOO another Black Tiguan, and even another Black 147!
Welcome to the club Rosey!
Great choice!!!

THANKS MATEY

Unfortunately not as lucky as you've been...

Wait time is approx 4 months :frown: but yeah great choice nonetheless....:) soooooo WOOHOO back he he

DJY
20-06-2009, 07:16 PM
well I am still very happy with my new Tiguan...
and am very impressed with how smart it looks.

Haven't seen many out on the road yet...
Before I bought mine...
my neighbour has a Candy White 103TDI
and I had seen a Cherry Red one...

but since driving around town in my own... I still haven't spied many.
Did drive behind a Black 103TDI today which had roof racks on it.
WOW
We do own a very good looking car!
Not sure if the driver was a member in here (wasn't your number plate pullstarter)... but I'm lovin my car!

Looks great, lots of clever German engineering, and lovin how it drives!

thewingman
23-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Just paid my deposit for my new Tiguan 147 tsi. Mountain Grey, black leather, sunroof, off road technology, 18inch New York wheels. $52 500 drive away. :driver: Pick up next Wednesday, can't wait!

T&M
13-09-2009, 06:55 AM
The Mrs got a new job and now doesn't have a company car, but instead they offered her a monthly car allowance. She thought that going diesel the economy would be better, but thought it would drive like our full-size 4WD wagon (and sound like it). One test drive was enough to convince her! (bonus $20K cheaper than the X3 up the road).

jfranek
13-09-2009, 10:41 PM
We bought from a dealer's stock - a 2010 Mountain Grey 125TSI Auto with Comfort and Park assist. Would have liked leather seats, but did not want to wait. With floor carpet mats - $40k driveaway.
I don't think I will ever have the guts to try the full park assist, the procedure sounds too complicated. We wanted to have the factory front/rear sensors and the display - and they work very well.
Quite happy with the car so far. We needed something more comfy than our Mazda 3, and we got it. Also seems to have much less road noise and smoother ride. Also like the adjustable recline on back seats. Hopefully we will take it off bitumen one day. Cruise control is A1, so are auto wipers.
Not so happy about -
Dual clima control only applies to temperature, not to air 'destination'. If my wife wants warm feet and me want fresh face - bad luck.
When accelerating, it sounds like a tractor and a Maserati are having an argument under the bonnet. Very interesting technology indeed. Once it gets to speed it is OK. I wonder what the diesels sound like??!!
Don't take me wrong - I like the car by a large margin, but there is always room for improvement.

Joe

Arctra
14-09-2009, 08:40 AM
We bought from a dealer's stock - a 2010 Mountain Grey 125TSI Auto with Comfort and Park assist. Would have liked leather seats, but did not want to wait. With floor carpet mats - $40k driveaway.
I don't think I will ever have the guts to try the full park assist, the procedure sounds too complicated. We wanted to have the factory front/rear sensors and the display - and they work very well.

Hey Joe

Yeah, taking dealer stock is so much better. I don't think I could have waited 6 months for mine to be delivered. I wanted to drive away in it straight away.

The park assist takes some getting used to, but I think I have the hang of it now. Just remember that you must turn it on when moving (I think it's at least 10km/h or 15km/h), drive past the openning and then just follow the on-screen instructions. You have to drive quite far forward, and there is about a half a second delay between where you NEED to stop and where it tells you where to stop, but you get used to that. It's put me in parking spaces that are tighter than I'd attempt myself. One thing I have learned though is that when the front vehicle is a ute with a tray, the Tig doesn't detect the tray as it's too high. So be VERY careful using park assist behind a ute!

Having taken the Tig on dirt I can tell you that she behaves well. I am planning on doing a lot more off-bitumen driving in the next couple of months to put her through her paces and see what she's capable of.

jfranek
14-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks Arctra for sharing your experience with the park assist.
I will try it - one day.

Joe

team_v
14-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I am looking at a 125TSI as i can bump the performance up with a chip.

The only issue i have is what happens in the future with fuel.
Diesel is generally safe as trucks and other machinery use it, however what happens to premium unleaded in 10 or 15 years.

But then if you go diesel, you don't have the higher performance potential and you get the grumbly diesel noise.

T&M
15-09-2009, 05:46 PM
But then if you go diesel, you don't have the higher performance potential and you get the grumbly diesel noise.
hahahaha...compared to our Nissan Patrol - there IS no noise from the tiguan!

Transporter
05-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Well it looks like the 103TDI Auto rules. ;)

team_v
05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Well it looks like the 103TDI Auto rules. ;)

Until your DPF's require replacement lol.

I want to see what a 103TDI would do with a DPF delete and tune :D

Transporter
05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Naah, I'm not worried about the DPF.

Just DPF delete and tune which goes with it, I think it's some 10-15kW gain and naturally better fuel economy.