PDA

View Full Version : help in Perth

DFRDB4ME
18-04-2009, 01:45 AM
I haven’t been here for so long... since last time the minister for finance and fun has taken over my Golf V TDi leaving me with the Territory. Now that that is due to come out of its lease i am very keen on a Tigg TDi with Comfort pack, off road and not sure about the park assist and sun roof. This brings me to my questions. To those who have used, which is in you opinion is the better of the option, the park or roof ( I am 40 something ; MLC?)?
In Perth can anyone recommend which of the 3 dealers are the best and who might be a soft touch??? or if your a dealer, I'm a nice guy
Cheers,

gareth_oau
18-04-2009, 03:14 AM
hi there,

I cant offer advice on a Tiggy, but in terms of negotiating a deal, perhaps consider my suggestions here:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=28229

dealers often negotiate on/discount the base price, and then try charge you rrp on the options, this is where they make their additional money.

Assuming the car is available form different dealers, work out what options you want, then ask for tenders to be submitted, showing individual price for all options.

Once you ve got the tenders in, choose the dealer with the best base price, then pick the best option prices from all of the dealers, and confront your preferred one, stating "you can get this option from elsewhere for less, and can s/he better that"

Hopefully the market is in a place where you are the god.

also, its worthwhile getting some Eastern States dealers involved - will be around $1k to have it shipped to Perth afterwards.

about 4 years ago I bought a new car (the only one left) in Perth , and dealer wouldnt budge off rrp of $55k, so I got a quote from SA for $49k, and the local dealer matched it in an instant
UNQUOTE

Tigga1
18-04-2009, 06:29 AM
To those who have used, which is in you opinion is the better of the option, the park or roof ( I am 40 something ; MLC?)?

I can't tell you which is the better option, but I do have the sunroof and love it:)

It creates a light ambience in the car and, because of its size, the rear passengers also enjoy the benefits. I live in the tropics (Far North Qld) and had mine tinted, and have had no issues with heat etc.

Oh, and I'm 50 something, if that helps:)

clip
18-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Neither are better, depends on what you want - a sunroof - or a car that parks itself? I haven't got the sunroof, but have the park assist. It's really a bit of a gimmick but it does work very well and I do use it every time (it has got me into spots that I would normally think twice about). As you're already getting the comfort pack, the park assist is very cheap addition when you compare what other manufactures want for that option. I think it may help with resale too, whereas not everyone may want the sunroof. But as the Park Assist is so cheap, just get both - easy!

FJ Steve
18-04-2009, 10:10 AM
We have the sunroof in the .:R32.

Organic Speed Limiter enjoys it, she normally has it in the "vented" position. I do enjoy the roof open, but as I am similar vinatge as yourself, I have to remember to wear a cap. you DO get sunburnt very easily. But....it is a nice open airy feel...some wind buffeting noise (which can be lessened by having the rear windows down a fraction).

IMHO....worth it.

faisan
18-04-2009, 11:17 AM
user Dermot is on these boards and he works at Wangara VW. He helped me with my Jetta purchase (although I dealt with the DP)

tinto
18-04-2009, 12:29 PM
if you're not keen on DIY negotiations, you could use a broker.
Here's one: http://www.privatefleet.com.au/

A few of the guys on golfmkv.com bought down in Bunbury too - something to consider.