PDA

View Full Version : My Tig calculations

_mo_
16-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi all, newbie here...

Thinking of getting a new Tig, love it and all, trying to get my numbers right. Here's what I have (according to official VW pricelist):

$39,190 -- 103TDI-Auto
$3,500 -- Satnav
$1,400 -- p/assist
$1,000 -- comfort pack
$600 -- alarm
$400 -- antifog lights
$300 -- offroad (maybe?)
$270 -- media i/face (maybe?)
-------
$46,660 -- total

With $1,808 stamp duty and ~$4,660 GST I'm easily looking at over 52K not including delivery and what not... ouch. :eek:

I do have an old bomb for trade-in, maybe get 3K for it if I'm lucky, not sure if they'll take my Fairlane at all...

So can anyone share what deal you got on a similar set of options? My goal is at least settle within 45K mark with trade-in.

You think it's real?

Sharkie
17-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Hi all, newbie here...

Thinking of getting a new Tig, love it and all, trying to get my numbers right. Here's what I have (according to official VW pricelist):

$39,190 -- 103TDI-Auto
$3,500 -- Satnav
$1,400 -- p/assist
$1,000 -- comfort pack
$600 -- alarm
$400 -- antifog lights
$300 -- offroad (maybe?)
$270 -- media i/face (maybe?)
-------
$46,660 -- total

With $1,808 stamp duty and ~$4,660 GST I'm easily looking at over 52K not including delivery and what not... ouch. :eek:

I do have an old bomb for trade-in, maybe get 3K for it if I'm lucky, not sure if they'll take my Fairlane at all...

So can anyone share what deal you got on a similar set of options? My goal is at least settle within 45K mark with trade-in.

You think it's real?

No need to add GST, those prices all include it, so there is a saving already :). If you qualify to be a corporate client, another $2K off and reduced dealer delivery.

PLUS at the moment VW has a minimum $3K trade in, so as long as the Fairlane is registered you should get that and bring total costs to under $45K easily.

Since you are looking at a TDI there probably is room to move further as well as VW has more than a 100 standing around unsold.

Good luck !

_mo_
17-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow, I didn't know about the GST being included, thank you tons, Sharkie! :)

What would qualify one for corporate discount, btw?

Cheers!

freddy
17-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi Sharkie - I'm looking for a similar vehicle (103TDI auto with same options), but take off the satnav and add metallic paint (about $800) and leather (add $4,000 - OUCH).

Also have an old bomb, but is worth around $5,000 and will probably sell it to my brother as a runabout (the $1500 bonus valuation should be similar to a no trade discount anyway).

Best I can do at moment is around $3K off (similar to what mo says - I don't actually qualify for fleet discount but if you press you should be able to get a discount of at least that much anyway). There seem to be plenty of 103TDIs available (and quite a few of those are 2008 builds), but dealers still don't seem to want to 'come to the party' much.

Thought I had a deal on a late 2008 vehicle a couple of weeks ago, but when the broker I was using at the time checked the final details it turned out either he or the dealer had made a mistake and it did not have leather.

Sharkie
17-04-2009, 01:09 PM
In order to qualify for corporate discount your company/employer needs to be registered at VWA for their Corporate Program. To be able to register a company need to own 25+ company vehicles.

Then it is as easy as getting a letter from your company/employer stating that you are an employee and that you are entitled to the corporate discount on their behalf.

I have seen the margins on a Tiguan and there is very little room (less than $900 margin to the dealer) to move on a car to be ordered in. VWA priced the Tiguan really aggresively to gain an entry into the small SUV market.

On a car in stock some discount may apply but I wouldn't hold my breath to get a no-trade discount. Rather see what small extras can be thrown in by the dealer. Some dealers offer mats/fogs/off-road pack as free inclusions (only 1 not all 3) to sweeten the deal. I got offered all 3 (very rare) for free on a car 6 weeks out that was not in my chosen colour.

On my car due in 15 weeks now I got 1 for free in addition to the discounts applied.

motk
17-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I have seen the margins on a Tiguan and there is very little room (less than $900 margin to the dealer) to move on a car to be ordered in. VWA priced the Tiguan really aggresively to gain an entry into the small SUV market.

That would explain the insanity involved in the accessory pricing - trying to pick up some extra cash :)

Sharkie
17-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Don't you just love it, after having signed for a car, they wheel out the accessory lady who then try to sell you everything from tint onwards at incredible prices .......:brutal:

I hate that .....

Johnno
23-04-2009, 09:50 AM
PLUS at the moment VW has a minimum $3K trade in, so as long as the Fairlane is registered you should get that and bring total costs to under $45K easily.

Since you are looking at a TDI there probably is room to move further as well as VW has more than a 100 standing around unsold.

Good luck !

Sharkie, I'm not sure but I think the extra $3k at trade in is part of the "Conquest" deal and only relates to vehicles currently in-stock and delivered before the end of May 2009.

varsur
29-04-2009, 12:00 PM
mo,

I secured deal for 103TDI without Satnav,antifog lights,offroad, media i/face for $42800 onroad.