PDA

View Full Version : new radiator support and front end panel installation

alex g
08-09-2005, 08:12 AM
i just scored a new one and am gonna get it in asap, i know i have to drill out all the spots and reweld it in.I was just looking for any other clues and tricks that you guys out there may have learnt from doing the swap, that may make the job easier.

thank you mk1 gods

Golfwise
08-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Why ? :o
Whats wrong with the old one.
Replacing is never as neat as the factory so unless its stuffed don't do it.
The outer lower skins are the go if they are still available.
Otherwise no real tricks just go slow and make sure everything lines up twice before committing the welder.
When I cut a piece of timber I check 3 times hit it with the saw and its always too short for some reason.Thats why I'm not a carpenter.
Good luck! :) :)

el_foolio
08-09-2005, 11:59 AM
speaking of radiators, mine is DEAD! its clogged, no flow through it, i pulled it out and have tried everything, karcher, drane-o. still nothing, so ill either take it to a readiator place, or get a new one

imported_brackie
08-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I've never done it with a Golf radiator...but I have with a Passat. The plastic tanks can be unclipped (very carefully) and removed so that you can clean the tubes. Not necessarily recommending this, only saying that I have done it!

Ryan
18-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I've never done it with a Golf radiator...but I have with a Passat. The plastic tanks can be unclipped (very carefully) and removed so that you can clean the tubes. Not necessarily recommending this, only saying that I have done it!
What did you use tp pry the tabs back?