PDA

View Full Version : Yet another key/immobilisor/remote thread - for a 2005 Caddy

mattD110td5x
14-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I know, I know, I know.... there are hundreds of threads on forums all over the world this subject, but I'm starting to think the Caddy may be a special case :frown:

VAGcat (http://www.vagcat.com/index.php) lists 3 options;

- Full assy (key/immob/remote) is 1K0 959 753 and the key from this assy is 1T0 057 246
- Key/Immob with light 2K0 837 219C
- Key/Immob 2K0 837 219B

Remote
VAGcat lists PR-5D1 as the car option matching the remote assy above, but my caddy lists PR-4K3 on the data plate. But the 2002 Golf lists another remote assy (1K0 959 753AG) with both 5D1 and 4K3
---> does this mean remotes that work with 5D1 will also work with 4K3?

Key
There are only 3 models listed with the same remote key;
Touran 2003/4/5,(1T1) Golf 2004/5 (1K1) and Caddy 2004/5 (2K)
---> is this because the remotes on all of these are 3 buttons or is there something else different (like the immobilisor chip)?

Immobilisor
Can someone tell me what chip is used?
---> is it a Megamos Crypto with ID=48 or something else?
---> I think you can just take it along to a locksmith to check this - has anyone done this in Sydney? any recommendations?

thanks,
Matthew

gregozedobe
14-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I can't help you with part number advice, sorry.

But I can advise that getting the correct immobiliser can be a proper PITA (I have many that don't work for the vehicle they were purchased for).

Do you have a working remote at the moment ?

If you do, the cheapest/easiest option is to buy a new key half from your local VW dealer (that way you are guaranteed of getting a key which will work because it has the right immobilser), and buy the remote half from good seller on fleabay (they are usually a lot cheaper from ebay, and they all seem to work if you get the correct part number and frequency).

Then get the two halves programmed to your ECU either with VCDS/Vagcom or by your dealer.

Not many Oz locksmiths can deal with the latest VAG immobilisers.

This thread describes some of the hoops I jumped through trying to get a correct immobiliser :

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=24539