PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control?

kramy
13-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I was really excited to hear that the new Golfs had Adaptive Cruise Control in the early reviews - however it seems to be now only an option on the GTi.

Anybody know if Adaptive Cruise Control can be fitted by the dealer after it has arrived (so not factory fitted?)

Thanks heaps!

GrimRe
13-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Adaptive Cruise control can be optioned in on any Comfortline MkVI golf. Its part of the Sports package which is $3,000 for cloth and $6,000 for leather.

kramy
13-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi GrimRe! Really? So you can only get it with the Sports package? Or you can also get it by itself? I can't find this info in any of the brochures... do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks heaps!

Lima
13-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Well, this link (http://www.ausmotive.com/2009/02/25/2009-volkswagen-golf-australian-specifications.html) isn't that helpful, but it does say...

Please see your Volkswagen Dealer for combination prices with Leather Upholstery and Adaptive Chassis Control.

kramy
13-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks, but I am after "Adaptive Cruise Control" not "Adaptive Chassis Control" :)

JasonP
13-04-2009, 10:42 PM
I have a 118TSI DSG on order, with most option boxes ticked.
The confusion is that ACC stands for Adaptive Chassis Control, which is an option with the Sports Pack, or on it's own.

According to Austral VW In Brisbane, Adaptive Cruise Control (which can maintain a specific distance to the car in front) is NOT a option on Golf VI in Oz.
I tried to order it, but not available here on Golf.

It is available on Passat CC here, apparently.

If anyone finds out it can be retrofitted, let me know! Maybe Guy from Harding Performance might source the parts?

He does a roaring trade on retrofittng RNS510s.

JasonP
13-04-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_2459.shtml

This link might better explain the Terms, but potentially calling 2 different options "ACC" is very confusing.

guliver_twist
11-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Shame that this is not an option, as it is definitely a very cool one, which would go so well with the high tech feel of the car.. I wonder how hard it is to retro-fit. To be fair i don't know if it is an actual option in europe either at the current time.

Cheers,

Corey_R
11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
As far as I'm aware, the Adaptive Cruise Control was only ever announced to be available on the GTI at a date yet to be disclosed.

It is still not listed as an option in the UK price list (which was updated on 1st May to include the GTD and also a few new options like Xenon headlights which weren't available on the initial order of cars).