PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Master Cylinder

Snoopycrx
06-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Just got my car back from Barloworld after replacing a clutch master cylinder. When I got home I still hear the squeak noise when I press the clutch. I am not happy at all, my GTI has only done 5000KM. Now I have to book in for another check up with VW. Also I have noticed there is a bit of rattle noise near the dash board area while driving. Anyone has similar problems with their GTI ???

Golf Loon
07-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Squeak could be the pedal, rather than the clutch. Surely thats early for a mc change?

william
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
clutch master cylinders comonly changed due to the fact they cause the pedal to stay when depressed hmm noisey clutch pedal a common problem what about release bearing, as for your dash rattle commonly centre dash tray ontop of airvents should be taken out felt tape placed underneith and refitted.

william
07-12-2006, 09:25 AM
hopefully they fix it over there at barloworld they are a good bunch ask for the vehicle to be roadtest prior to booking it in

DubSteve
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
IF it is under warranty then they should get it all fixed no problems. I know that a new master cylinder is not cheap around $300 for a after market I think not sure for a genuine one.

william
07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
they replaced the master and he can still hear the squeek

Vieussuex
07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
I have a rattle also from my dash but i did remove the covers for the steering column and they were a pain in the ass to do.

I wouldnt be surprised if i had snapped a clip lol.

While were on this as well anyone notice the quality of the interior lining around the doors how its cut so close to the edge of the rubber linings and how it lines up around the hole for the drivers side seatbelt mine looks like its going to fall out??

DubSteve
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
they replaced the master and he can still hear the squeek

Sorry missed that.

May I say maybe a bit of WD40 could help?

william
07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Mk3vr6]Sorry missed that.

May I say maybe a bit of WD40 could help?

most the time wd40 spray works?

Snoopycrx
07-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Anyway I have booked in for another check up in Jan. Hopefully this will be fixed. By then, the KW V2 coilovers will be fitted, so I don't know if VW will void the warranty or not.

william
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
it only voids warranty on that part bc its non original and aftermarket but kw are somewhat recognised so im not sure i know lots of our r32 cutomers changed suspension and they never had a problem with warranty