PDA

View Full Version : Auto reversing mirror tilt

woofy
09-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I know the Jettas have this, but a friend playing with his new Octavia RS spied it in the manual. From memory you put the mirror on L, put the car in reverse and set the angle you want, then when you put it in any other gear it should move back. Well that doesn't happen so I guessed it must be only with the electric memory seats....but then realised the Jetta doesn't have that as standard...so does anyone know if it should or shouldn't work.

gregozedobe
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Most discussion is Golf/Jetta based and the general consensus (for Golf Vs) is that you need the electric seats with memory for it to function. IIRC l read a mention somewhere that you may be able to get it to work (via VCDS) on a vRS if it has factory installed rear parking sensors - but haven't heard of anyone actually getting it to work on a vRS so far. It certainly would be nice to have :)

Please let us know how you get on.

brad
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I think you need VAGCOM (VCDS same thing?).

mrx
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I've got vagcom, and couldn't get it to work on the RS with the factory sensors, or the GTI with no sensors.

gregozedobe
09-04-2009, 10:19 PM
VCDS is just the latest version of Vagcom

Dubdabest
11-04-2009, 02:13 AM
I know the Jettas have this, but a friend playing with his new Octavia RS spied it in the manual. From memory you put the mirror on L, put the car in reverse and set the angle you want, then when you put it in any other gear it should move back. Well that doesn't happen so I guessed it must be only with the electric memory seats....but then realised the Jetta doesn't have that as standard...so does anyone know if it should or shouldn't work.
Instead of changing gear try switching the mirror knob to O instead, coz the system is designed not to return left mirror to original position when you change gears in slow speed under 10-15kph (for example to move back-forth in completing a reverse parking) http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showpost.php?p=274797&postcount=32

maca
26-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Only Jettas with factory parking sensors have the memorised tilting (regardless of electric seats) - it's pretty handy but i've found it never returns its original position once finished.. It always stays about half way down or lower than originally set!!

Pariah
28-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi,

Bringing back an old thread.

Any current owners of the RS Wagons care to clarify??

I cannot seem to get mine to work. I had F/R Sensors btw. Dealer mentioned that car is equipped with this function when I picked up the vehicle a couple of weeks back but had not have time to play around in the car till now.

Any advice please. Thanks

K1W1
28-09-2010, 06:48 AM
There is no mirror tilt on my10 Octavias you dealer should know better.
It was quietly dropped when the facelift was released.

Jake02
28-09-2010, 07:52 AM
There is no mirror tilt on my10 Octavias you dealer should know better.
It was quietly dropped when the facelift was released.

But did pre-FL cars actually have it? The owners' manual says so but....

MarksVRS
28-09-2010, 08:44 AM
I have not noticed it on mine (Sept 09 MY10 vRS wagon).

dArK5HaD0w
28-09-2010, 09:18 AM
heres hoping they snuck it back in with the MY11 cars ;)
only time will tell....

woofy
28-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I think it only happened on cars with the electric memory seats, from memory only the Jettas that have that, had it as well. I don't know anyone with an Octy who got that fitted, but to date, also have never heard of anyone having it work on any Oz Spec Octy.

blutopless2
28-09-2010, 10:42 AM
From memory you put the mirror on L, put the car in reverse and set the angle you want, then when you put it in any other gear it should move back. Well that doesn't happen so I guessed it must be only with the electric memory seats....but then realised the Jetta doesn't have that as standard...so does anyone know if it should or shouldn't work.

Just to clarify how it works... (in my jetta with rear sensors no electric seats anyway).
You select "L" position on the switch. Put it in reverse. Mirror will now move down on its own you do not adjust its position yourself. Reverse car out of driveway. Put car into Drive. Take off and get above about 20kmh mirror will now return to roughly where it was before tilting.

Pariah
28-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I think it only happened on cars with the electric memory seats, from memory only the Jettas that have that, had it as well. I don't know anyone with an Octy who got that fitted, but to date, also have never heard of anyone having it work on any Oz Spec Octy.

Thanks all. That is what I thought, would be good to have as wife would be driving it with baby fairly often.....not sure how long the alloys would last this way :P

Anyway something OT. Anyone actually manage to fit an OEM / VW / Audi RVC into an Octy Wagon??

Been reading the VW threads on this that uses an integrated Audi trunk handle and camara part and not sure if those options would fit the Skoda.

dodgey
28-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Had this on my GTI, but it's not on my Octavia. Ran through the VCDS program and found the correct bits to activate, but without the electric seats, it's not working.

The VRS in NZ even has the folding mirrors, so it can be done, but I've given up on doing the change. Way too much to change. Also realised that the wing mirrors of the RS are big enough that I don't need to tilt it to see the kerb, so I'm going to leave it as it is, unless some cheap method pops up :D