PDA

View Full Version : Paintless dent removal...

Cupra
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

On boxing day I unfortunately had one of those large coles shopping trolleys hit the front LH guard handles first on my TDI. The result was a pair of knuckle size dents on the top curved surface of the guard, no scratches or chips in the paint, & i must admit it was my fault, not happy :duh:.

Anyway, the local smash repairer said they might be able to do a paintless repair. As the company I work for were covering the cost I decided to go ahead.

Unfortunately I didn't take any b4 photos but the repair is perfect. I thought that they may be able to make it look right but that i'd always be able to see some sort of telltale imperfection but I can't

So. paintless dent removal....perfect job :bowdown:....half the cost of a full repair :biggrin:... & my company paid :nana:

cheers

Phil

william
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
What did he charge? phil i know your insurance paid but what did he charge. Ive got an asian guy that does $50 cash per dent, most places charge $80. Ive watched him do it and its not easy .

Cupra
08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
The contractor they used charged $220, that was for a pair of double dents on the guard & a sharp single dent close up under the mirror, 5 in total. That price included pulling the door off the car to gain access etc.

I was quoted just on $500 for a full repair including paint.

The guys name was Wally, & his main concern was the paint cracking as the dents were so deep.

HOLEIN1
08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
i had a whole heap of dents removed, with one being quite a tricky one as the metal had stretched a little...

i too was concerned about the paint cracking, but the guys i used took their time and it came up a treat...

only problem now is that im so paranoid about parking everywhere as i dont want to get any more dents from air head people mover driving mothers with a car full of kids who swing doors open... :eek:

if anyone in SA wants the details of the guys i used, shoot me a PM, highly reccomended...

logger
07-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Can anyone recommend someone who does paintless dent removal in Melbourne inner East or Hawthorn area? Supermarket got my wheel arch. Bugger. Two very small dings 4cm long x a couple mm deep. Paint is still fine.

RedVR6
07-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Ian at Dentrix is a wizard with the PDR based in Ringwood if you can't find anyone closer. PM me if you want his number

6thgear
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
this might make a good sticky - contact numbers of recommended repairers...

i'm in need of paintless dent removal myself...in sydney anyone?

most common prices are roundabouts $90/dent...$50 would be great!

thanks!

Dr Block
07-01-2010, 10:50 PM
There's a guy in Wattlegrove called Chris Hunt and the company name is Dent tech.

I used him to remove some hail damage out of my Lexus after the uber hailstorm in Sydney Dec07.

He did an excellent job!

Unfortunately,I don't have his contact details anymore.

Mrk_Mickey
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM

thanks!

Mate I work at BMW Parramatta and we contract a bloke called Matt from DentLogic. I see him do work on several cars a day and I can never tell there'd been a dent in a panel he's touched. He offered $65 a dent to me I think, I'll get his contact details for you.

logger
08-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Ian at Dentrix is a wizard with the PDR based in Ringwood if you can't find anyone closer. PM me if you want his number
Thanks - Will look for someone a bit closer in to Hawthorn first.

KWICKS
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM

thanks!Previously, on a Liberty forum, we have organised group buys for paintless dent removal in the Castle Hill area. We have paid $50 per panel - irrespective of number of dents. But the catch is it must be cash, must be in a group, and is organised on his normal day off, a Saturday (which suits most of us as we just went to the Castle Hill Tavern for breakfast and a chat!). Work is first class.

If there is a large group interested I think organising a group buy like this makes sense. I make no guarantees about being able to organise this at this rate (it was that rate 3 & 4 years ago and I've not needed to go in the last 2 years). But I'd be keen if someone was able to organise a day with a decent repairer (anywhere in Sydney!).

logger
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Can anyone recommend someone who does paintless dent removal in Melbourne inner East or Hawthorn area? Supermarket got my wheel arch. Bugger. Two very small dings 4cm long x a couple mm deep. Paint is still fine.

Is this a repair of this dent within the realms of what PDR can achieve or is it too close to the edge of the panel? Access hole is about the size of a 20c coin.

http://www.nimblefeet.com/QF/Dent%20outside.jpg

http://www.nimblefeet.com/QF/Dent%20inside.jpg
View from wheel arch.

Oh and any recommended practitioners for Melb inner East.

guest12345
11-03-2010, 10:24 PM
i have OCD, i just noticed a 5c coin dent, it is very annoying! everytime i look at my car, that is all i see

vdubstep
12-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I highly recommend Chris's workmanship.

Took my Jetta to him to have about 6 dents or so around the car taken out. Did a fantastic Job.

aussietig
22-01-2013, 11:19 PM
I highly recommend Chris's workmanship.

Took my Jetta to him to have about 6 dents or so around the car taken out. Did a fantastic Job.

Do you mean Chris Hunt and the company name is Dent tech mentioned in Post #8 (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f22/paintless-dent-removal-27958.html#post440995)?

What was the rate charged?

In need of a repair after some fcuking b@st@rd opened their rear doors onto mine in a shopping centre carpark. :mad:

Unfortunately there's paint damage also ... but just want to fix the dent first.

jim2fast4u
11-03-2013, 04:36 PM
I love the info on this forum.

One month old Jetta waxed yesterday and makes no shopping trip runs was parked in work car park now has a slight bump on rear passanger door. I know who did it in a crappy car(Peogout) that continually parks close next to me. Unfortunately in the Politically correct environment I am in it would be harrasment and bullying for me to accuse a subordinate.

So I have just left a voicemail for Chris from Dent Tech and will pay for it myself. Just really annoying when you know every blemish.

I was tempted to take some acid wash to work tomorrow but cool head got the better. Just really disrespectful...

They just had to say whoops I made a mistake, but their ignorance will now make me call them by the book on every part of their work. No favours or allowances.

And the baby was so shiny - I am at the stage where I would prefer to get a parking fine then use a public car park.

ralp2dam
11-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Do you mean Chris Hunt and the company name is Dent tech mentioned in Post #8 (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f22/paintless-dent-removal-27958.html#post440995)?

What was the rate charged?

In need of a repair after some fcuking b@st@rd opened their rear doors onto mine in a shopping centre carpark. :mad:

Unfortunately there's paint damage also ... but just want to fix the dent first.

Who did you end up using aussietig? How'd did it go? Don't suppose you have any before and after pics?

remy
13-03-2013, 12:09 AM
any recommendations in Brisbane? I've got one on the driver's door that really bugs me

kendog
01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Another one for Sydney recommendations! Please post experience and details of people to use! I'm happy to team up with others too.

raybow13
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Another one for Sydney recommendations! Please post experience and details of people to use! I'm happy to team up with others too.

Any recommendationa for metro sydney?
Happy to travel between strathfield-parramatta-liverpool - campbeltown

Dent in plastic front bumper of my Golf R, with right black indicator grill slightly popped out of place

kendog
01-05-2013, 09:20 PM
There is a guy called Angello, based in Alexandria, And another guy, Jim, at 'The Dent Clinic' near Canterbury.. I have Angello's number written down at work, I'll get it for you tomorrow.. remind me if you don't hear back..

Angello: xxxx xxx xxx

Jim, Dent Clinic: 0418 977 169

QBDentFree
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Melbourne guys keep an eye on the sponsors section over the next few days. Aaron is setting up my sponsor's section at the moment.
I provide mobile paintless dent removal service around Eastern Melbourne. I'll be posting some example photos and more information in the sponsors forum.

Looking forward to getting involved at vwwatercooled and getting to know a few of you

kash_0
26-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Guys any recent recommendations for Sydney area...have one on the rear hatch close to where the glass meets the metal. Noticed it today and its very annoying!!