PDA

View Full Version : Audi 90 Suspension

rodrocco
04-09-2005, 11:43 PM
After a little bit of research, I understand that the front suspension of the 90 is virtually the same as the 80's. But with the 2.3 5cyl engine being a bit heavier, the front end naturally would suffer a bit more. I've done 230,000 klm and I believe the suspension is the original (I'm the 2nd owner buying it at 110k in '96).
I have recently driven a few of the new VW's and when I got back into the Audi, I seem to feel every bit of rough road and with each bump, it feels like the tyre is flat and the rim is taking a pounding. The steering feels fine and the wheel allignment is pretty good.
Is it time to upgrade the suspension and does anyone have any suggestions and recommendations?

imported_brackie
05-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Yeah. I had the same experience with my Audi 100. I got new front strut inserts and what a difference! She cornered as if she were on rails and soaked up all of the bumps. I put in Bilsteins. Really easy job as the shocks are inserts and you don't have to take out the strut...compress the spring etc.

Golfwise
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
shocks are like tyres they wear out as soon as you use your car.its just that you can't see they aint got no tread any more.
Fit new ones of your own choosing.They were due over 100 k ago.