PDA

View Full Version : GOLF VI NRMA's first impression

Russ59
01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/volkswagen_golf_first_drive.htm

Russ

NickZ
01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
That's a very positive review. It's only negative in the whole article is using 98RON, which only applies if you live in an area where 98RON is difficult to obtain.

Lima
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM
...and the fact it costs around 13¢ more per litre. :driver:

Russ59
01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
That's a very positive review. It's only negative in the whole article is using 98RON, which only applies if you live in an area where 98RON is difficult to obtain.

There's always the option of a diesel :driver: :)

Russ

NickZ
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM
...and the fact it costs around 13¢ more per litre. :driver:

True, but it is also better for your engine long term (so they say) and more efficient which would partially offset that cost. I personally don't see it as a negative, but that is because I live in metropolitan Sydney and swear by 98RON, even in my old car which didn't need it. But I can understand why others do see it as a negative.

Russ59
01-04-2009, 03:43 PM
True, but it is also better for your engine long term (so they say) and more efficient which would partially offset that cost. I personally don't see it as a negative, but that is because I live in metropolitan Sydney and swear by 98RON, even in my old car which didn't need it. But I can understand why others do see it as a negative.

It's especially a negative if you need to run it on 98 and as you said earlier it's not available in all areas. That's why I opted for a diesel :)

Russ