PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cordoba air-con issue

abreut
30-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi all,

I have a 95 Cordoba that had super cold air-con and then all of the sudden it stopped working. It was working perfectly, super super cold, then I parked it in a shed and it sat there for about 3 weeks and now it doesn't work at all. It would seem wierd for the gas to just suddenly leak out while it has been parked. I'm thinking its most likely something else.

I have checked the following:
- that the compressor clutch is still disengaging when you turn the aircon on - it is;
- The radiator fans are switching on, they are;
- interior fan is still coming on too

Apart from gas does anyone have any ideas of a possible electrical reason for it not working?

Thanks

Golf Loon
30-03-2009, 08:37 PM
In front of the drivers wheel as you lie on the floor looking up there is a round cylinder which is the filter. It has a 4 pin electrical connector on the bottom of it. Its a pressure switch.
I have seen em get whacked on kerbs etc and broken so the compressor does then not kick in.
You can bridge it for testing purposes and you should hear the compressor start.

Do you have the light on the a/c switch?

Have you tried all the fan speeds? Is the speed botton hot or melted?

Bboy_Sparx
31-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I have the same issue. I came back from overseas, cold AC then NOTHING!

My AC light is on.

And the speed switch is HOT!

Sorry to hijack the thread but the weather still isnt that cold lol

Jmac
31-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Without gauges , the system switched on you should see some condensation on the pipes, cold on the suction side (large) and hot on the (small) if thats all happening and you are warm in the car then i suggest its the blend door staying open causing heat to mix. People always jump at gas. One other thing though if it is low in gas there might be just enough for the compressor to kick in. No doubt about it gauges wont lie but try the touch test mate and make sure the blend door is close or even crimp the 2 heater hose to stop the heat going in and check then.
Good luck
Jmac

abreut
01-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys. The compressor is definitely kicking in and the light on the aircon switch is coming on too. I'll check the 4-pin connector once I get home (if its not pi55ing down again) but if that only affects whether the compressor clutch engages/disengages then that won't fix it. The air isn't hot its pretty much exactly ambient. Maybe it is low on gas. I'll check the mixer too though

abreut
01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I have the same issue. I came back from overseas, cold AC then NOTHING!

My AC light is on.

And the speed switch is HOT!

Sorry to hijack the thread but the weather still isnt that cold lol

Maybe someone is going around finding parked cars to syphon gas from :)