PDA

View Full Version : APR requires 125 & 147kw TSI Tiguan's software verification

Guy_H
25-03-2009, 12:12 PM
If you own a Tiguan with either engine and are located in Brisbane, we would like to talk to you.

We will make sure you are well compensated for your assistance!

Please call our office on 1300 730 949 or send me a message

Pullstarter
26-03-2009, 08:37 AM
How soon do you need a 125 for testing Guy?

Sharkie
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Spoke to Guy on Monday, expect to see the remap released to the market in 3-4 weeks time. :biggrin: APR's website will no doubt have the details (and specifics) when its ready.

Pullstarter
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Something I do find worrying, I've heard on the grapevine ( i won't name the source but be assured it's a reliable one) that there's been a few issues of late with APR remapping in oz-spec GTIs and Pirellis. Has anyone heard similar? Guy, would welcome your comments here.

Sharkie
09-04-2009, 05:57 AM
Something I do find worrying, I've heard on the grapevine ( i won't name the source but be assured it's a reliable one) that there's been a few issues of late with APR remapping in oz-spec GTIs and Pirellis. Has anyone heard similar? Guy, would welcome your comments here.

I haven't heard anything. I have a friend who took delivery of a DSG GTI in December (new) and had it chipped almost immediatly. He's been very happy and had no issues to date.

Plus the fact that APR had techs here for about a month now (from the USA) to ensure any remap has been tried, configured and fully tested on Oz spec cars.

No other chip tuner goes to the same lengths to ensure compatability IMO.

Pullstarter
09-04-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm sure they do Sharkie, just a worrying thing to hear. If it is a nasty rumour I'll be more than happy to hear that's all it is.

Guy_H
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Pullstarter,

Please let me know what the "rumors" you have heard - I would be very interested (PM me or call me).

We have just had three APR engineers (and the CEO) here for 23 days calibrating cars - with fantastic results.

All the Tiguan tuning is completed, both the 125kw (which as far as we can tell is only currently available here) and the 147kw. dozens of hours have been spent on a state of the art dyno & road testing on Tiguan alone.

Product release will be out shortly.

Oh, P.S. - I think you will also find the number of GTI's in Australia we have tuned would be 4 or 5 times more than all our competitors combined.

Pullstarter
09-04-2009, 10:23 AM
You got PM Guy :vw:

Guy_H
09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks Man :)

GoLfMan
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
what kinda numbers are you getting out of the Tiggy's Guy??? :)

VW GTI
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Almost makes me want to buy a Tiguan :)

GoLfMan
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM

shockingly, same here :o!

clip
09-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Guy worked on my 125 with the APR guys from the states a couple weeks ago.

I can assure you, these people know what they're doing. The APR software is a significant improvement over the other that I was running. Actually, I'd go further than that - it is dramatically better in every way. Seems to have more power and comes in lower, much more responsive, and it pulls like a bastard!

As for Guy and his crew, being able to talk to people with no bull being thrown around, and that actually know what they're doing with your car AND get the results, sheesh! brings a whole new meaning to service and advice with the right price!

Pullstarter
09-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Around 188kw from the APR tuned 125 Golfman, close to 400nm of torque I think IIRC? Clip can probably be a bit more precise here.

Pretty damn astounding huh? Glad I have one on the way :biggrin:

Sharkie
10-04-2009, 03:42 AM

For less than the price of a Golf GTI you get the GTI engine and most importantly ...... AWD ..... the solution to any traction problem you may have .....

APR will make close to 193kw/410NM on the base 125kw manual Tiguan .......

Tig + APR less than $40K drive-away ....

Pullstarter
10-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Anything been mentioned about needing to upgrade the diverter valve with the increase in boost or does the Tig have the upgraded one standard?

Pullstarter
12-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Anything been mentioned about needing to upgrade the diverter valve with the increase in boost or does the Tig have the upgraded one standard?

Anyone?? :mowlawn:

Sharkie
13-04-2009, 05:34 AM

Don't know, will have to wait and see what its got when I get the Tig. Have a look at ECS's website, they sell the upgraded diverters. Both VW OEM upgraded and Forge. I'd likely go for the Forge 1.

Pullstarter
13-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I know VW put an upgraded DV in the Pirelli (Bosch item I think) but wasn't sure if they carried that across to other later model engines?

Sharkie
13-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Says on ECS' site that the newer 2.0TFSIs are getting the upgraded 1 as std. May be in Tiguan as well then..... I hope so, otherwise I'd be going Forge ....

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=2.0T&model=Tiguan&submodel=4%20Motion&category=Engine&subcategory=Intake

Guy_H
14-04-2009, 09:13 AM
The Tiguan now uses VW's piston type DV - oh, and this is now the direct replacement for all their diaphragm type valves through all the models.

Hooray for VW fixing it (only taken 4 years......)

VW GTI
14-04-2009, 10:38 AM
For less than the price of a Golf GTI you get the GTI engine and most importantly ...... AWD ..... the solution to any traction problem you may have .....

APR will make close to 193kw/410NM on the base 125kw manual Tiguan .......

Tig + APR less than $40K drive-away ....

Yeah, I realise that... but it's still basically 4WD. I HATE people that drive 4WD when they have no reason to (towing or actual off-roading)... You don't need a 4WD because the road has leaves on it.

Also, noone has traction issues as badly as you - instead of buying new tyres you buy a new car :)

Pullstarter
14-04-2009, 04:30 PM
The Tiguan now uses VW's piston type DV - oh, and this is now the direct replacement for all their diaphragm type valves through all the models.

Hooray for VW fixing it (only taken 4 years......)

Standard setup on the 125 should be fine for chipping then Guy? Any mods that you recommend re: reliability?

Guy_H
15-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Should all be good - the new TSI engine in the Tiggy has addressed most of the old reliability issues of the FSIT motor!

Sharkie
15-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I realise that... but it's still basically 4WD. I HATE people that drive 4WD when they have no reason to (towing or actual off-roading)... You don't need a 4WD because the road has leaves on it.

Also, noone has traction issues as badly as you - instead of buying new tyres you buy a new car :)

You can hardly call a Tiguan a 4WD .... its more of an AWD hatch .....

AND if AWD had no benefits on the road, please explain why STI's, EVO's, 911 Turbos and the GT-R Skylines all use it :) OR any S / RS Audi or VW's own R line for that matter .......

Tiguan = cheapest AWD by VW and as a bonus you get the Golf GTI engine ..... :bowdown:

Sharkie
15-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Should all be good - the new TSI engine in the Tiggy has addressed most of the old reliability issues of the FSIT motor!

Hey Guy, how about the FMIC and exhaust ? Is that in the pipeline ? By August I'll have mine for you to use a test mule .... :biggrin:

I remember you said the fuel pump in the Tig was new and did not need to be upgraded ....

Can the Tig get a K04 upgrade ?

Guy_H
15-04-2009, 02:19 PM
The FMIC will physically fit - BUT - the hoses are different as it mounts higher than the GTI - so we need to do some work on the silicon hoses!

Fuel system has good capacity on the new engine.

Our dog bone inserts will also be ready shortly!

Pullstarter
15-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Any idea what colour the torque inserts will be Guy? I know it sounds like a girl's question :biggrin: but I dont want the buggers voiding my warranty if they notice a fluro red/orange bush hanging out in the breeze.