PDA

View Full Version : Getting scratchs out...

thestu
23-03-2009, 10:09 PM
i thought i knew what i was doing and i thought i had the right products :nana:

obviously not!

there was some slight scratchin on some of my panels i was told by some details a while ago that if you can't feel it with your finger nail it will come out :)

i have painted cars before and have had quite good results.

so i started on the areas with 1200 wet and dry then went to 2000 grit wet and dry.

i then added some cut and polish to it and got my buffer out with a soft pad.

did that for a litle while and the paint just came out all dull :( worse than i started! then i washed the car because it had little bits on white dust from the buffing...and now you can see the places where i have scratched quite clearly!!! :( they are big patches that just look like they have been attacked with sand paper.

what do i do? do i use a different cutting compound? the one i had was just a $10 one from kmart.

Stu

Mrk_Mickey
23-03-2009, 10:28 PM
the one i had was just a $10 one from kmart.

Stu

That could be your whole problem!!!

man, always try and use at LEAST autoglym for polishes and stuff. For good results you need good stuff..

DMS_Dan
23-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh dear!

You will need a cutting pad and some proper polish.

go to www.carcareproducts.com.au and get the menzerna sampler kit, an orange festool pad and a beige festool pad. That will solve your problems

thestu
24-03-2009, 03:50 PM
cheers dan i will hit it up and see what the result is :)

Dub_Star_V6
24-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh dear!

You will need a cutting pad and some proper polish.

go to www.carcareproducts.com.au and get the menzerna sampler kit, an orange festool pad and a beige festool pad. That will solve your problems

Hey Dan,

Did you mention the pads in that order because that's how they're to be used: orange (cut) then beige (finish)?

I also assume that the Menzerna kit has some hints on how to get the best results using those pads? Perhaps you could offer some advice on polishers too Dave?

Sorry for the hijack Stu but I'm looking at correcting some small spots on the Bora which sound a bit like what you're hoping to achieve, so Dave's advice may be a good start.

PS Dave, how did you get the number off the side of the 360CS! I couldn't believe my eyes :eek: A de-badging 'How To' (as I assume getting that number off involved a similar process?) may be a good thread?

WABIT
24-03-2009, 06:30 PM
haha your a tripper stu!

Just do what dan said and you will be sweet :)

Dom