PDA

View Full Version : A Sunday Drive

wolfsburg
28-08-2005, 06:06 PM
I was on my way home today, just been to the Sunday markets. As I was heading down the Southern Outlet, I decided I will detour via Sandfly Road turnoff. I got there and decided I will detour via Huonville, Cygnet, Verona Sands, you get the idea :) This is one of the best short drive roads I have been on. Targa Tasmania stages are on a few sections.

By doing the speed limit you can drive a car with enthusiasm, because of the twisting and narrow roads on some of this route back to Electrona (Home). This is the second time I have detoured and done this route home. (I may have even had a wheel of the ground through one corner).

Next time I will have my camera, and will take a few pictures to give you guys in Australia an idea on this road.

Better yet! come down for a run and see for yourself. (insert fancy marketing here)

Leg 3 on link
http://www.targa.org.au/Targa_2005/PrimaryMenu/2005_Course/index.php

imported_brackie
29-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Yep... No wonder the Targa is raced in Tassie. One stage goes right past our farm (Riana Stage). These's an uphill bend at a road junction that frequently has cars climbing an embankment and landing on their side or on their roof. Loads of spectators hang out there and climb all over our fences to get a good view. They leave us lots of pressies in the form of empty cans, Maccas packaging and butts that poison our goats. "The Great Unwashed Public". Still, at least our tourist cottage gets some business out of it. Imagine, out of bed.....an hour's trout fishing....100m walk to that junction...watch a couple of cars slide by on their roofs, and back for a sundowner.

GoLfMan
29-08-2005, 09:00 AM
at least you get some business out of it it makes up for some things ey.
in melbourne go up mount dandenong that has an entertaining road to drive along :D