PDA

View Full Version : New Member

muzza
27-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi All,

Got my new Golf GTI just 3 weeks ago.
Going from a 2001 Celica its a fair bit different. Loving not having to rev the bejesus out of it. So much pull down low.

Lima
27-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Nice one muzza. Where abouts are you located?

Cheers Liam

GoLfMan
27-11-2006, 08:56 PM
welcome mate, im sure there is more than just not having to rev the tits off it that you are enjoyin about the GTi ;) lots of performance upgrades for them and its a beautifully made car!

itgwv
27-11-2006, 10:14 PM
8-) Congrats, one of the best cars on the market.

brackie
28-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Dosen't 320Nm feel nice? :D Same as the 2.0 TDI

gtimk5
28-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forum Muzza! Hope you enjoy it here. We are a friendly bunch. Great to have another here. Great car and a classic in the making if not already!!! Cheers, Andrew :)

muzza
28-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Im located in Sydney (hills district)

The funny thing was that my first 2 cars were Golfs. About 10 years ago.

1st was a mk1 auto in a metalic green (not sure if this was a factory color) I loved it at the time (maybe its because it was my first car)

2nd one was a mk1 manual that was origanly white. My first project car realy
It got a tidy up of the body and ended up Brock Blue. Rebuilt motor shortly after that. 96 model rims (12 slotter factory ones)
Lots and lots of fun !
Ill post a pick when i can get to a scanner it anyones interested.

It might be just me but do the rest of you that have driven the mk1's and the mk5's think that VW have carried the feeling forward into these new models ? I had not driven the other models mk2 to mk4. When I took delivery of this one somethings felt very similar. Like the movements of the gear lever and locations of lights on/off etc etc.

Maybe its just me.

For the years in between i have been a big fan of Toyotas owning a few fun things along the way. Nothing out there for me anymore though.

I had to see what everyone loved about this new GTI. 10 mins after the test drive I put the deposit down.

Tensixty6
28-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Hullo from another new member.

I've had my Tornado Red GTI for 5 months.

I added a sunroof and Sat-Nav. No leather or bi-xenons.

The GTI has re-ignited the pleasure of driving that I'd lost for many years. It's just so much fun. Woohoo! :D So, if you see an old dude driving around Melbourne in a Mk5 GTI with the number plate MK5GTI, that will be me.

Cheers

Chris

brackie
28-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Nice to see people enjoying their watercooled VWs.
It's very hard to compare a Mk1 with a Mk5 imo, they're worlds apart. Having said that, every tilme I drive one of my Mk1s it brings a smile to my face :)

Subie25L
29-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Im located in Sydney (hills district)

I too am in the hills. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Which dealer did you get yours from?
Should be getting my one soon. It has been pushed back to next week due to a delay with the compliance or something.
Was supposed to get it tomorrow.:mad:

DubSteve
29-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I too am in the hills. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Which dealer did you get yours from?
Should be getting my one soon. It has been pushed back to next week due to a delay with the compliance or something.
Was supposed to get it tomorrow.:mad:

OHHHH bad luck there Subie25L the bigger the wait the more anticipation and the better the first drive will be!

jmkiki
29-11-2006, 11:32 AM
G'day all,
Just stumbled across this club, it's good to have something local, looks like heaps of good info being swapped around - great to see. I've recently added another VW to my family, the Golf V 1.9 TDi , it's such a magnificent piece of german engineering. I have a 2003 VW Polo for getting around most of the time, but absolutley love driving the Golf.

gtimk5
29-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Welcome jmkiki! Hope you enjoy the forum. Good to hear that you have a couple of late models. Cheers, Andrew :)