PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Mr.B
14-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi guys,

Friend got me onto this site (Don't remember his user name though.), have to say I'm impressed by how it's run so far. Don't own a VW at the moment, bit out of my price range at the moment being a uni student but you get that.

Folks have owned a B5.5 1.8T 5 speed Passat which they sold for a Nissan Navara, and we currently have a Mk5 Golf 2.0 TDI and also sitting in the garage as a restoration project is 1972 1600 Beetle.

Currently doing a mechanical engineering degree at QUT and have done some work for former engineers of the VW factory in Wolfsburg. Step mothers dad was also a quality controller in the factory many years ago.

Well that's all I have to say I guess. Look forward to meeting some of you. :)

Mr.B

The_Hawk
14-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Welcome! Always happy to see another face round the camps. You know a VW doesn't have to be an expensive beast, a nice Mk1 or Mk2 is nice and affordable ;)

Update your location in your control panel, I'm quessing QLD due to QUT, but you never know :)

Check out the Queensland Meets section:
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=107

I'm sure there will be something soon if you want to come along and meet some people. If your REALLY keen you can join the cruise down to Sydney for the Nationals in May... or if your REALLY REALLY keen the cruise down to Melbourne for DOVW :D

mikepologti
14-03-2009, 10:23 AM
welcome to the forum mate.you have picked well, this forum unlike others that shal remain nameless is full of usefull info and people who gehuinly want to help. so if you have any questions (no matter how dumb they may sound) just ask away.:)