PDA

View Full Version : Greeting fellow Dub fanatics!

hokenmk3
11-03-2009, 04:23 PM
My love for VWs started quite young. My dad had a 79 Kombi pop-top that he bought new when I was born. It had Sheil front seats and when the original engine gave in it got a new, more powerful motor (not sure what). It was pimped out with disco-style curtains and a sound system. It even had a shower (outside controlled by a foot pump). I was hoping to inherit it one day but Dad got T-boned in it a couple of years ago.

After 6 months or so I couldn't handle not being able to be in a VW, so I got rid of my Torana (XU1-spec) and pulsar and got a Golf Mk3. It wasn't fast enough, so I did the air-pod/sports exhaust thing and put on HockenheimR rims. It sounds, looks and rides fantastically but wasn't fast enough. I got a twin turbo supra with a gen3 1ggte for my speed fix but it lacked the comfort and drivability of the golf. Alas the air flow sensor on the golf was buggered and after replacing it, my flat spots vanished and the golf was faster than the supra. The supra did get to 100km/h faster but the golf got to 180km/h faster. The restrictive low end power of the golf got me thinking... If I had a clutch such that I could start off in higher revs in the golf, perhaps it wouldn't be so slow! 2 increasingly heavier clutches later, my golf is much faster than my supra and the supra had to be sold. It went only a couple of weeks ago but I still think of it as mine. When my mates see it round town they always tell me that they saw MY supra so it is justified to still speak of it with ownership. A $90 fill in the supra would only take me 250kms. A $65 fill in the golf takes me 550kms.

:driver:One day I hope to have a touareg... a v10 turbo diesel one!:driver:

phaeton
13-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forums hokenmk3 :D

I hope to own a Phaeton V10 TDI one day but your dream Dub is alot more available than mine :)

thekraut
14-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome aboard!

Mind's Eye
15-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey

Nice looking dub, but then again when is there a not nice looking dub!
Your tail-lights look a lot darker in real life than the internet pic of them... have you smoked them as well?

hokenmk3
16-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks. They look like the picture of just the tail light. The back of the car pic isn't a very good one. I included the pic of the tail light cause I was asking for help installing them but I got it all sorted.