PDA

View Full Version : hii

mickizzle
05-03-2009, 02:09 AM
hi im thinking of getting a 2006 volkswagen polo TDI because im on the turbo law but were aloud turbo diesel... just wondering if anyone in brisbane sells the frontmount kits and installs them and a bov?????

gregozedobe
05-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the forum, lots of useful info and helpful people here.

If you want more go I suggest you consider a remap first (it is the most cost effective mod for TDIs). A search will find you more posts than you can read in a month ;)

You don't want to put a BOV on a diesel, at best it will do nothing except cost you money and add another potential failure point, at worst it will also reduce your performance (diesel turbos are quite different to petrol turbos).

mickizzle
05-03-2009, 09:42 PM
i dont really care bout speed i just the sound lol

Retired
05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Maybe you should re-think why you want a td then? They sound like a truck :vw:

gregozedobe
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM
i dont really care bout speed i just the sound lol

BOVs really don't work properly on a diesel. If you really, really want the sound then I suppose you could rig one up to release the boost pressure (and therefore all your torque and power) whenever you push the clutch in, but I still think it is a really bad idea.

Another idea is to get a sound recording of the "psssht" noise and play it back on your car stereo, that way you get the sound without the mechanical disadvantages.

If you do go ahead and do it, be prepared for many diesel drivers to think you are a few sheep short in the top paddock (some of them are not very tolerant of what they consider to be stupid ideas).

Also you can kiss any warranty you might have goodbye if you make that sort of obvious mechanical mod.

Blitzen
05-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey mate...You will love the Diesel Powah!!! TDI's(most Diesels for that matter) don't have a throttle butterfly, and as such, a BOV WILL NOT work on a Diesel.(unless it is an old Toyota Diesel engine or the like that has a throttle butterfly to create vacuum instead of having a vacuum pump).
I'm also not sure about a FMIC kit for the TDI's yet. I'm sure some company in Europe may have developed one, but you may have to go for a custom fitment.
If you are looking for performance out of a TDI, why not look at going the Chipping route with companies like DMS or Oettinger for example, both of which have dealers on Brisbane.

mickizzle
06-03-2009, 01:15 AM
r they a fast car without mods
example
could they beat an dc2r integra type r stock

Blitzen
06-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Mmmmmm...Ok then...

Polo_spec_d has done a fair bit of work to his Polo TDI, and has tracked it too...You may want to PM him, and see what he has done.

Manaz
06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
r they a fast car without mods
example
could they beat an dc2r integra type r stock

Any stock Polo would be unlikely to beat one in a drag race, and almost certainly not on a track. The Polo TDI does 0-100km/h in 10.7 seconds stock, and the GTI manages it in 8.2 seconds. I've seen reference to ~7 seconds in a modified Polo TDI - but that's still slower than a stock DC2 Integra, which is a properly quick FWD and can do 0-100km/h in 6.5 seconds.

I just get the feeling you're looking at the Polo for all the wrong reasons...