PDA

View Full Version : New Golf GT Sport TSI DSG

golfyvic
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi All,

Been reading a few posts, and decided to sign up once I purchased my new golf. Just wondering if anyone has had any mods done to there TSi, like ecu flash, exhaust etc?

Thinking of getting the ecu done once I hit 25,000kms.

Thanks guys

tinto
04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Welcome aboard!
Nice choice in car :)

I've updated the suspension (KW V3) and put some 18" wheels on mine... that's about it so far.

Engine tuning mods are far and few between at the moment, but the next few months should see a few new tunes surfacing.

REVO have had theirs out for a while (but I haven't heard of anyone who has done it), APR tune is coming in the next couple of months, Superchips ditto and GIAC have mentioned they're onto it too.

It is an interesting time to have a TSI - tuner development will be continuing with the engine appearing in the MK6 and the next Polo GTI.

I bet you don't make it to 25k before taking up the tune ;)

golfyvic
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi Tinto,

Thanks mate, yeah prob do it before 25kms!:biggrin: The general consesus is anything you do the car, flashing the ECU, or exhaust, will void the warranty. I get the feeling aa warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on these days.

Will do the ECU first then maybe the exhaust, just depends on how much it costs versus power increase. Don't want to spend 3K plus for a 5 kw increase, not worth it!!

What ride you got, R32, GTI?? Have you had the ECU flashed?