PDA

View Full Version : Belkin FM Pod Tuner

anthony_VWJET
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm a tad bummed I cant listen to my ipod in my car due to the lack of mp3 capabilities in the 06 Jetta. I dont want to spend too much of purchasing a new audiosystem, so i've resulted in looking into buying a belkin Tunecast. Priced at 100 for the tunecast+charger.

Any suggestions...Should I...?

Maverick
04-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm a tad bummed I cant listen to my ipod in my car due to the lack of mp3 capabilities in the 06 Jetta. I dont want to spend too much of purchasing a new audiosystem, so i've resulted in looking into buying a belkin Tunecast. Priced at 100 for the tunecast+charger.

Why can't you listen to the ipod because the headunit lacks MP3 capability?

The ipod plays the music, the music is sent as an analog signal to the cd stacker input and then played through the speakers. The headunit does nothing other then amplify the signal.

RhysQ
04-03-2009, 05:06 PM

My mates GF has the Belkin Tunecast in her Commy SV6....surprisingly good reception through the speakers. Much better than radio reception IMO (even though it's through the radio), but slightly less than CD quality. As i said, very surprised.

Her BF/my mate has the i-Pod one (i-Trip I think its called) and the quality just isn't as good as the Belkin one.

Treza360
04-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Posted in the wrong section and I've got one in my car and created a thread about it here:
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=22292
Cheers,
Trent

maca
04-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah stay away from the Griffin pieces, I've had nothing but trouble with them.
Currently i'm using my brother's old Belkin FM transmitter (which doesn't charge my 2nd gen Touch) and it works sufficiently.. Quality is nowhere near as good as the normal radio but it'll have to do for the time being.

Ps. I've found that 95.5 is the best station to use as it's generally not near any other major radio stations.

RhysQ
04-03-2009, 10:33 PM
I've found that 95.5 is the best station to use as it's generally not near any other major radio stations.

depends where you are i suppose....

maca
05-03-2009, 06:51 PM
;290848']depends where you are i suppose....

True - Brisbane.

I've used it at the Gold Coast so you shouldn't have any problems either.

Treza360
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
The Belkin I have has two different presets you can tune any frequency you want into. I tend to use 88.8 and 99.9. Nice clean numbers with very little interfearance on them. Occassionaly get a little bit but never on both at the same time.
Cheers,
Trent