PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Boo Boo

Tick
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I am not sure if this has been covered before (I did a search but did not come up with anything) Second day of ownership of Candy White 6 sp manual RS and loving every minute....well almost. There were a few anxious seconds when opening the hatch in the garage and finding the spoiler hitting the garage door when the hatch is fully open :duh:. No damage :biggrin: but definitely something to watch out for especially for those who are used to a normal bootlid.

Cheers

woofy
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah I kinda mentioned in another post, I did that the first day we got our 6 hatch....so was careful with this one....and then did the stupid thing with the wipers.

jacob_1987
03-03-2009, 11:32 PM
LOL I just hit my head today in the damn thing, bruised my left side of my forehead. Thought I had a normal boot and yeah self explanatory.

ouch!

Tick
04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
LOL I just hit my head today in the damn thing, bruised my left side of my forehead. Thought I had a normal boot and yeah self explanatory.

ouch!

LOL....Sorry shouldn't laugh but it just conjured an image in my mind. I hope when you did it no one was looking.

They are a great car and I am sure we can forgive them for our silly mistakes.

Cheers

mrgolf
04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Did that 3 times in our garage. Grrr.

woofy
04-03-2009, 09:36 PM
We have bought our first house, and the ceiling looks lower in it, so hope we don't make the mistake again as both are hatches....in the current garage, we park so it goes in the gaps between rafters....but the new place has a lot smaller space.

Tick
05-03-2009, 04:31 PM
If the hatch/tailgate is going to hit the roof, would it be possible to line the ceiling/rafters etc with some sort of padding?

mrgolf
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Done. I have rubber plumbing insulation tubing on the horizontal bars. I am being a lot more careful now, but it is a nice insurance policy.

Lams
06-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I solved this problem in my Caddy by lowering it 55mm. This may work for you guys?