PDA

View Full Version : New Golf 2.0 TDi Manual

diffa
21-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi Guys,

My first post, so i wanted to make it a good one!

Just picked up my new Golf this afternoon after a 3 month wait. Was told back in August that the car would arrive late December, and from the threads i read on this site i figured around 4 months was to be expected. To my surprise, last Friday the dealership (Barloworld Mascot) called up and said that the car had arrived 4 weeks early because the shipment of VW's (which my car was apart of) docked in Sydney.

Have to admit, was becoming somewhat disheartened over the past 2 weeks wondering whether the wait would be worth it. Wow, how wrong i was to think such things! Not only did the car exceed my expectations, but just blew me away (and a whole bunch of other cars whilst in pole position at the first set of traffic lights after leaving the dealership!). There is alot to be said for the amazing feeling you get by sitting in your car when it has all of 8 km on the clock!

I've read with great interest all threads on the Mk 5 Golf and in particular the TDi (thanks Brackie), and have to say that the information i gained on this site went a long way to helping me choose VW above any other vehicle. Will say upfront that i am an absolute convert. Granted it's early days and i have many thousands of kilometers before she's run in, but hopefully this will be the beginning of a whole series of VW's in my driveway!

Thanks again for all your information.

Cheers,
diffa

GoLfMan
21-11-2006, 08:28 PM
hey mate!!!
welcome!!! youll find alot of helpful info on this website and a wealth of knowledge, im glad that we converted another ;) i drive a Polo TDi which i must say exceeded my expectations as a drivers car, love it :)
look forward to some photos.
cheers

Lima
21-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Congrats diffa. Hope your TDI serves you well into the future.

Did you see a silver 3dr GTI being delivered at Mascot today as well? :cool:

Cheers Liam

brackie
22-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Nice to have another TDI owner on board. If you require any info on the TDI (oils etc) do a search of our database. The link is on the dark blue menu bar above ;)

Use the torque and keep on leaving those Commodore drivers as dots in the mirror :)

gtimk5
22-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Welcome Diffa! Hope you enjoy the forum. Great car you have bought, I hope you getheaps of enjoyment out of it. Cheers, Andrew :)

diffa
22-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Congrats diffa. Hope your TDI serves you well into the future.

Did you see a silver 3dr GTI being delivered at Mascot today as well? :cool:

Cheers Liam
Hi minigolf,

Was that your new GTi! That car (your car!) was parked right next to mine and as i drove away I specifically remember thinking...."really want that grill from the GTI on my golf...!"

What a tidy looking piece of machinery...!

Cheers,
Mark

Lima
22-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Mark, not mine, but a fellow minigolfer. His name is Eddie, and he has a silver Cooper S to go with his new GTI. Juts as my wife has a GTI to go with my MINI. We collected our GTI last weekend, so there's a few Golfers basking in that new car smell.

:cool:

Cheers Liam

diffa
22-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

When i get a decent photo opportunity (this weekend) i will post on the forums photo gallery.

Cheers,
Mark

PoloGTi
22-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey, Welcome will be really good to see some pics of the car out and about, hope the site gives you some joy we are a friendly bunch. Cheers Rob

DubSteve
23-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Welcome Diffa hope the car treats you well. The TDI is a great car and is an awesome drive.

Rod_H
05-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I am looking at the same car 2.0 TDI Man.
Was quoted 37,500 on road, I reckon it's a bit steep.
Was wondering what you guys payed for yours... :?

Thanks Rod

TDI DSG
05-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Are you talking about the Comfortline Rod ? If so i think thats a fair bit to much. I already have a Comfortline 2.0 DSG that my wife drives and am thinking about buying a manual for myself - so am interested to know what a good price for the manual is - with metalic paint of course - does anyone buy them in white ?

Rod_H
06-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes that was for the comfortline. I was expecting around 34,000 on the road.
Vw had a speical a few months back for 30,888 drive away for the 1.9 comfortline.
All they had as demo's where DSG's. I need to find a manual to test drive...

Rod...

brackie
06-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I paid 35,700 for mine in June. 6 speed in metallic red with no extras. There's only one dealer here in Tassie so I didn't shop around.

diffa
06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Guys, i got the 2.0 TDI Sportline with Leather, Sat Nav and Sunroof for $42,000 on the road. Cheers, Mark

TDI DSG
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Well it sounds as though I must have got a good deal - although I felt as if I hadnt really crunched them to their best price but needed to get the car ASAP as had sold our other car privately. We paid $35.5K for a united grey comfortline 2.0 TDI DSG with the genuine spats, rubber mats, bootliner and a full tank of fuel. It was a new one not a demo. As the DSG is a $2500 approx option and having already bought one I was hoping to go under 33K for a six speed version of the same car. Will find out in the next few weeks !

TDI DSG
06-12-2006, 04:25 PM
How do you find the sportline vs the comfortline Mark ? I couldnt find nor afford the sportline so didnt get to drive one. We got a 07 spec although its only cosmetic differences as far as I can tell.

diffa
06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Really happy with it TDI DSG. I couldn't find a dealership that had one for test drive either but i wanted the upgrades from the comfortline - 16" alloys, colour coding, dual zone climate control and other bits and pieces. Find that it does feel a touch more sporty than the comfortline we testdrove at the dealership. We also went for the 07 spec as there were a handful of creature comforts on the 07 that wasn't available on the 06. Not a deal breaker, but i had to wait for the car regardless so i went for the 07 model. Cheers

jets
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Late last year I paid $36,000 drive away. My car is 2.0 comfortline, manual, red metallic paint, sunroof, full tank of fuel & 3 years free service. There is only one dealer in Adelaide [ for 1.1million pop.] but I got prices from Melbourne. Our dealer was prepared to match them.

Rob