PDA

View Full Version : MFD and MFD Plus

Brandon
27-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi.

First post here as a propsective Golf mk6 buyer...

Would someone be able to tell me the difference between the MFD and the MFD Plus??

I have searched everywhere and cannot find any answers.

Thanks!

gregozedobe
27-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Welcome aboard VWW Brandon, lots of useful info and helpful people here.

I haven't heard it referred to as a "MFD Plus" before, but I think thay are likely talking about the full screen or "high-line" screen (the display screen in between the tacho and speedo). Just to confuse things, in the Skoda world it is called a "maxi-dot" screen.

The standard half screen display (aka "mid-line" MFD, which is only half height) can only show you basic trip computer stuff (things like instant and average fuel consumption, average speed, duration, distance to empty for trip memories 1 and 2.

As well as the trip computer stuff, the full screen MFD allows you to program a lot of different things yourself, including locking options, auto window closing, lock/unlock beep/flash confirmations, convenience lane change (3 blinks) and a whole lot more. Many of these options can also be programmed by a dealer on a car with a half-height MFD.

There is even a "low-line" version for cars without a trip computer (but I don't know whether they come to Oz).

My summary is if you like to fiddle and set things yourself (like me), pay for the full height screen, if you are more a "set-and-forget" guy then it may not be worth the extra $$$ (I don't know how much it costs as an option, but I'm sure it will cost on the cheaper Golf models).

Brandon
27-02-2009, 08:35 PM
I was reading that the MFD Plus comes with the comfort pack for the Trendline but otherwise it has a normal MFD.

I think you summed it up. If anyone has any other info?

Thanks you!

kinetic
29-02-2012, 06:21 PM
My MY12 Caddy has a Full height screen but no way to access the menu. Does anyone know how this could be done?