View Full Version : S.A. mk1 goodness

SUMO MK1
27-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Deleted

Cupra
27-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Nice one!!!!

Welcome to the forum

Can't wait to see the build thread for the 2 door.

Phil

velly_16v_cab
27-02-2009, 10:53 AM
wow...i bet that thing can shift!
you really cant beat the sound of a 16v on carbs :driver:

what sort of power are you getting, it looks a very tough car :)

Water Boy
27-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Nice mate. 6 Mk1's is the envy of most members here.

Make sure you post up a "Projects Thread" with all your happenins. BTW more pics of this fine Mk1 collection u talk of.

Lorenz
27-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Tuff little MK1 this ;)
Looked great on the last cruise, shame it didnt handle as well as it wanted to! Should be all sweet now by the sound of it with the new sus!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/10/IMGP8307-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/02/IMGP8273-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/02/IMGP8309-1.jpg

SUMO MK1
27-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah it used to corner like poo :frown: That cruise was the first time i had taken my car out for a decent run and i didn't realise how bad it was cornering underbrakes. The struts and sway have made a huge difference to the feel of the front end it's liking corners much more :driver:

As for power output i have no idea, i am about to change the rocka gasket 'cause i am leaking a little oil then it's off to the dyno, i will post up the results.

I hate to admit it but the 6 mk1 thing is not quite what i would call a fine collection ;) My first i bought 7 years ago and was the remains of an engineering students atempt at building a home made supercharger GTI conversion, i never even got it started but it is the car that i caught the dub madness from. It had an 80's style wide bodykit on it (searching for pics) and the rims i have on my current car. My second i bought for $100 as it had been rear ended pretty bad and was full of rust, i kept it going for a couple of years before it died. Number 3 was an LS i got for $500 with a GTI engine in it, the engine was pretty fried but it had the koni's. Then came my little red ragtop, 100% stock, stock rust, stock 1600, etc etc. Had a very light head-on with a mitzy outlander that crunched the front right then a month later got rear ended by a cop car :duh: The last two being the shell and the 1800. Except for my current car they have all been bombs but it has been loads of fun and i have learned heaps along the way.

Once the dyno is done i am going to start pouring time into the 2 door build so i will start a thread then

But yeah the 1800 is pretty freakin quick :biggrin:

evorobin
27-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Taylor do you have a REAL name :biggrin:

Glad to see you took the limiter off mate, Joel keeps me updated :)

SUMO MK1
28-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Taylor do you have a REAL name :biggrin:

Glad to see you took the limiter off mate, Joel keeps me updated :)

:nana: well yes . . . yes i do. Sumo is from my xbox live name SUM0 NiNJA, hey i thought my car was quick limited to 5000rpm but webbers revin to 7 is a totally new world :biggrin: I still need to find a front splitter though, over 140 and the front starts to lift real bad.

liuben
19-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Love that white mk1. I have a similar one, but red and two door. Great wheels. Care to share where I can get a similar pair? I'm from Adelaide too and have been strugling to find a good place to get second-hand parts. Can you recomend any?

liuben
19-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Forgot to mention. Let me know if you have any bits and pieces you would like to get rid of. I'm particularly after good seats, door card or possibly rear parcel shelf

SUMO MK1
02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
PM sent :)