PDA

View Full Version : My fellow VW owners...need advice!!

s_farid01
26-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi All,

I am a Wana be VW owner, just joined this forum.

I just wanted some advice and thought I'd spread the message and hope to get some good feedback specially after reading what’s already here on this site.

I am very keen on buying an R32. Test drove a second hand at the VW dealer last weekend, luv'd it!! luved the power, maturity and AWD, ....

My requirements are DSG, 5Dr and open for colour, pref blue, black, or united grey. And under 40,000km.

Issue is all I have is 40k, max. That’s pushing my budget to the limit. Do you think I am being realistic?? I have been looking around for few months and have set my self a time line till July to buy one, so no rush except the urge after the test drive, but I can control that till the right one comes along:biggrin:

Tested the MPS3&6, MK4R32, S32007 (way over my budget, but just to compare), but R32 MK5 stands out.
The Gf was not keen till she jumped in and tried it and boy she was hooked!

Anyways guys, appreciate your response.

Taking in consideration factors as the current market (credit crises), the new GTI coming in soon, time, do you think I can come close to my dream car, or should I change and look for another car??

Thanks All.

VWR32 Wanabe!

P.S, no offence to other VW seller out there, not trying to undervalue your car!

KWICKS
26-02-2009, 01:20 PM
A quick look on carsales and it would appear 5 doors are in short supply, but other than that they are advertised from $42000 privately so I doubt someone advertising at that price would refuse $40000. One will turn up soon.