PDA

View Full Version : RNS 510 in Skoda

jacob_1987
25-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey guys,
New to the forum - from Sydney. Bought myself a Octavia 1.9 TDI about 7 months ago. Still going strong must admit, love the torque of the turbo diesel. Ok, to the point... I'm about to purchase an rns 510/ columbus/ mfd or plainly a dvd/gps system. Do I need any other parts other than rns510 for installation?

Thanks!

woofy
26-02-2009, 12:54 PM
No the other parts, but you'll probably need the VAGCOM software or take it to Skoda for the correct coding/setup.

Guy_H
27-02-2009, 01:36 AM
You need the correct trim / facia - we have done quite a few RNS510 retrofits.

You need to order it with your VIN number & trim codes to make sure you get the correct one.

woofy
27-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah I forgot about the facia bit....

jacob_1987
27-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Facia? hmm... where can I get one in Sydney? I need one for Skoda Octavia Ambience (1.9), currently with stream unit.

davidh
19-11-2009, 06:56 PM
If anyone orders a factory fitted Columbus, beware. Apparently the setup DVD, while a no-cost item when you order the Columbus, has to be ordered as a separate line item. 2 1/2 weeks after taking delivery of my Superb, I am still without Sat Nav. Worse still, all the menus are in German, and some of the features aren't enabled (such as SD card reader). They can ship a car around the world, but delivering a DVD is too hard?

BlackSuperb
20-11-2009, 09:13 AM
If anyone orders a factory fitted Columbus, beware. Apparently the setup DVD, while a no-cost item when you order the Columbus, has to be ordered as a separate line item....

Sounds like your dealer screwed up. Mine was delivered with the car and was up and running.

I'd call head office (where ever that is) and vent my spleen.

Bayford Skoda
20-11-2009, 12:18 PM
If anyone orders a factory fitted Columbus, beware. Apparently the setup DVD, while a no-cost item when you order the Columbus, has to be ordered as a separate line item. 2 1/2 weeks after taking delivery of my Superb, I am still without Sat Nav. Worse still, all the menus are in German, and some of the features aren't enabled (such as SD card reader). They can ship a car around the world, but delivering a DVD is too hard?

That doesnt sound like its inline with common practice to me...

woofy
20-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Sounds like someone lost the DVD....

boris
25-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Guys,

The dealer is supposed to order the DVD when they order the vehicle as they are shipped seperately due to problems with them disappearing during the journey from the factory to the dealer.

Looks like someone forgot.

Boris

Bayford Skoda
25-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Skoda head office will dispatch the Sat Nav disk directly to the dealership when the car arrives into the dealers possesion.