PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend just got her New Beetle (tomorrow)

BTJ
24-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi folks. names Brendan and I've been reading the forums for a little while but its time to post.

Whilst i dont own a VW (still saving up) it was much to myu pleasure that my girlfriend went and purchased a New Beetle cabriolet. Its gorgeous with the moondust paint and black leather interior.

she is over the moon and it will be nice to look down the driveway and see a VW badge. Should tide me over until my GTI is parked next to it!

Big hello to everyone. Great forums with plenty of info.

Now anyone got any tips to make this New Beetle go faster? :) On a serious note if there is anything we should know, look out for or be aware of I'd love to hear from anyone with a beetle, or any tips in general on the 2.0ltr engine from the current model.

(i dont think she'll notice if i do anything under the hood)

whiteVR6
24-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Welcome
How exciting!
Can we see pics?
Where you guys from?

BTJ
25-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Sydneysiders. Live around Mortdale/Hurstville in the south.

She is currently cruising around with the top off (day off work)

Tonight i get my first drive - nice little run out to the beach. Roof down, heated seats on. :)

Can't wait!

Will post pics soon as i take some.

BL33SU
25-02-2009, 03:27 PM
welcome to vww

see ya around hurstville area :driver:

good to see u's enjoyn ur new dub

BTJ
27-02-2009, 07:37 PM
OH MY GOD.

Love this car to bits!

I drive a little Dihatsu Charade (with excessively large rims and noisey exhaust) and i love it cause it runs on the smell of an oily rag, but after driving the beetle all day today i don't knowe how i'm going to go back.

Conveniently the missus started work at 5pm and i started at 6, with her finishing at 3am and me at 2am surely one car was the logical choice to save money in these economically trying times....:)

Took the car for a cruise up through Oxford Falls. Turned the radio off and just listened to the wind and the road.

Dug out a couple of my VW books that have been on the shelves since the days of Concept One to re-read the story of the new beetle.

All in all a very volkswagen day.

My resolve to purchase my first VW has only been strengthed by this little adventure. For now I will make do with being the designated driver.

Can't believe how nice it was to drive. 6 speed auto is very clever and it feels just wonderful.

I knew i was in love with VWs for a reason....

Happy VeeDubbing people!

rayray086
28-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the forums! Looks like it's time to sell off that Charade to get one of your VW :wasntme: