PDA

View Full Version : I love my new VW!

jettapilot
24-02-2009, 06:45 AM
I picked up my new Jetta 980kms ago. My second VW - I think I'm hooked. I waited months to get the colour and trim I ordered. It's my first diesel too and I'm really enjoying driving it. Still, I feel a pang of regret when I see one of my old Golf on the road :frown: I hope she finds a new owner who loves her.

After years of company Fords and Commodores, you cannot beat European and VW is the best value European IMHO :)

Any other women out there??

phaeton
24-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome Karen its great to have another VW Enthusiast on board :D

The only females I know on the board are:

-Melissa in her T3 Vans
-(MissVuks) in her Polo GTI

Coaster
24-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Good to see a woman going for the manual gears :)

VR6child
24-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Ya manual and diesel = win

anthony
24-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Congratulations Karen,
I am sure you will just LOVE your new Jetta.
We are all very enthusiastic about our VWs here.
I am on my 4th VW ,also a Jetta,but this is my first one in Australia.

Russ59
25-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forums, you've gotta love the TDI and manual is a great choice, enjoy :)

Russ

jettapilot
25-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank's for the warm welcome.

I'm a sales rep so the economy had lot to do with the decision to go deisel. That and the environmental considerations. I'm sooooo glad it's also a brilliant drive!

I can't understand why anyone would choose to drive auto. I was surprised when I discovered (years ago when I didn't know any better) manual was cheaper. I just assumed it was the best so would cost more.

My daughter get her L's next month and I insist she learns to drive properly Ie. Manual

Problem is, our only manual vehicle is my new Jetta :eek:

Coaster
25-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

White Fang
25-02-2009, 07:27 PM
LOL! Welcome Karen! I know how you feel. My family had autos and I was the one who wanted to learn manual, so I had to do driving school to learn on a manual in order to do so.

Quite the experience though since I had a hoon Czech instructor in Sydney to teach me how to shift fast, how to take corners at a reasonable speed and how to accelerate fast. :driver: