PDA

View Full Version : Newbie taking delivery of 2009 Jetta 1.4 DSG Tsi tomorrow!!

Creniac
22-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi guys, I was told of this awesome forum last week so joined knowing that I'll be a proud VW owner!!! As of tomorrow afternoon I'll finally be tearing around Sydney in my new leather cladded, metallic black, 7 speed DSG equipped Jetta twin charger........ can't wait!!:biggrin:

Retired
22-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Welcome, sounds like a nice car. Hope you post pics.

anthony
23-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Congratulations,you are going to just LOVE your new Jetta.
The owners on this forum are very passionate about their cars,and the VW brand in general.
What car are you changing over from,and what other cars did you consider.
Post some pics if you can,and tell us what you think of the car on delivery,which is TODAY.
YAY...

Creniac
23-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Sorry Anthony no pics yet.... in fact no car yet!!! delay in registering it today!!!! ARRRGHHHH!! I wanted it today!! Nevermind, one more sleepless night. I've only recently arrived in Australia but have had a few cars in my time..... Nissan Pulsar GTI-R was the most fun but then a baby on the way meant I had to trade down to a Nissan Primera CVT Wagon... the CVT was good though. Before settling on the Jetta it many hours on the internet reading many reviews and a test drive... I also took out a Honda Accord Euro, new Mazda 6 2.5 and a Toyota Camry to compare the VW..... I have to say the jappas are nice, quiet and smooth but not a patch on the refined VW. The best part I was instantly drawn to was the low down torque and the DSG gearbox, to have 240Nm of torque available from just 1500rpm is certainly a marvelous acheivement from a 1.4 litre engine..... some of my car loving friends in NZ didn't believe me at first so I promptly sent them a link to the VW site..... then the calls came in "OMG how did they get so much power from a small engine!!" was the common question. Anyway tomorrow will be a great drive home.:driver:

mikinoz
23-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Welcome and thanks for doing your bit for the economy buy continuing to buy cars on the edge of a recession!

So are you from NZ Creniac?

Creniac
23-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes that be true...... I am a proud Kiwi.:drinkbeer:

anthony
23-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh well,enjoy tomorrow,I will be thinking of you.
Someone else here on the forums is getting a Jetta TDI tomorrow as well.
I have VW in my blood,as have owned 2 Jettas in South Africa,and 1 in America.
I am sure you will NOT be disapointed.
I looked at the older Accord Euro ,Mazda 6,and not a Camry,but the top of the range Corolla Ultima. And yes,they too are all excellent cars.
But went for a stylish Jetta...

Creniac
24-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Got it!!!! just took it out for a drive........... Ohhhhhhhh just amazing performance and one awesome gearbox...... Pics to come tonight!!

whiteVR6
24-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Welcome :)