PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Quality Wheel alignments

Jmac
21-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey guys ive been meaning to plug this guy for a while, we used him when i was at Porsche Centre and Audi Centre and did spot on job. Now i send all my clients to him when possible. No BS and doesnt charge like a wounded bull. Doesnt just check toe either!!!!!! If you want bump steer checked or have specs you have yourself give them to him and you wont be bluffed.
Tell him i sent ya
Ricks Wheel Alignment
Cnr Burrows rd - next to the new Repco Albion
Bowen Hills
ph - 38522737
mob - 0418789278

KI11Z
21-02-2009, 11:06 PM
wow, nice plug! lol :biggrin:

VWindahouse
21-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Yep, works for me :biggrin:

DaveMack
22-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Been there ... does great work. Thanks for the intro, Jimmy. :biggrin:

Dave

Treza360
22-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Sounds good Jimmy. So he knows all the tricks etc for doing alignments on the Euro cars?
Also what type of alignment machine does he have? Is it drive on, drive off or is it one of those ones that raise and lower? Reason I ask is if it's the latter I have to take my front bumper or the lip off to get it on the machine now. :duh:
Cheers,
Trent

VW VR6
22-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Well done Jimmy. I am going to check for few weeks. Thanks

Jmac
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Trez i have checked about the R mate and he set up for Cars like snow ploughs!! and up to 26inch wheels.
Cheers
Jmac

Treza360
18-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey Trez i have checked about the R mate and he set up for Cars like snow ploughs!! and up to 26inch wheels.
Cheers
Jmac
Excellent Jimmy. I will be seeing him once my negative camber finishes chewing through my current set of tyres. I have recently discovered that the front camber on the R is adjustable due to the a-frame or whatever it's called being slotted. Should sort out getting the front back into spec. Now just to organise some adjustable rear control arms.
Another question is does he just do the alignments and stuff or is he a tyre dealer as well?
Cheers,
Trent

Jmac
19-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah he can organise tyres and suspension , great guy to talk to. He knows all about the K frame adjustments. VW send problem cars to him and i know when we had Cayennes with monster wheels he set them up no worries. Give him the specs you want. Mention my name and he will look after Y,all.
Jmac

funkamedic
19-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey guys ive been meaning to plug this guy for a while, we used him when i was at Porsche Centre and Audi Centre and did spot on job. Now i send all my clients to him when possible. No BS and doesnt charge like a wounded bull. Doent just check toe either!!!!!! If you wasnt bump steer checked or have specs you have yourself give them to him and you wont be bluffed.
Tell him i sent ya
Ricks Wheel Alignment
Cnr Burrows rd - next to the new Repco Albion
Bowen Hills
ph - 38522737
mob - 0418789278

sweet! Just down the road from me. I must have noticed this place before, but it's alway good to hear good reports. Thanks Jmac!

Treza360
08-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Car is booked in for an alignment on Tuesday. Time to get camber and toe etc back into spec. Will post feedback afterwards. :)
Cheers,
Trent

Treza360
14-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Well got the alignment done today. Rick is a top bloke (just like Jimmy) and his guys know their ****. Suspension is back in spec and if my car can get up onto the alignment machine no worries, then nobody else should have any problems unless it's properly dumped.
Hopefully now I can eek another 1000kms out of the old tyres before it's time for a new set. :)
Cheers,
Trent

BrisGTI
16-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Well booked my car in for wednesday, for rotation and the works so will see how she feels after it.

Jmac
16-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Mate mention where you got the plug and who from and he will look after you for sure. Im sure you wont be dissapointed.
Cheers
Jmac

BrisGTI
17-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Mate mention where you got the plug and who from and he will look after you for sure. Im sure you wont be dissapointed.
Cheers
Jmac

I did when I called to book the car in and he mention you, so I will take it that he will look after me.

Thanks again for the plug

Treza360
17-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I did when I called to book the car in and he mention you, so I will take it that he will look after me.
Thanks again for the plug
I told Rick that you'd plugged him Jimmy. I reckon he's going to have an influx of VWs soon all saying Jimmy sent them. I hope he buys you a drink or two. :toast:
Cheers,
Trent

AusScare
18-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Mum's forester needs a wheel alighment, and Subaru wants to charge her $90. I'm guessing these guys will do a better job for less?

Also I got a new front right tyre on my golf today, they said the fitting and balance was free. Is a balance the same as a wheel alignment? It drives straight now at least..

BrisGTI
22-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Well just got back from Ricks, on the way home that car did feel better, The tech said that I will notice any difference over a longer drive. So this afternoon I am off to the sunny coast and will see if I notice any more differences.

isaw
22-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Is a balance the same as a wheel alignment? It drives straight now at least..

Nope. Balance is the weight on the rim and will stop wobble at high speed.

Alignmnet means the tyres point straight when the wheel is straight (basically). Also aus you might want to get a cheap set of kumhos if u need new treads. the ku31's have gotten some good reviews and are priced about right ;)

putauaki
23-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey Guys,

Anyone used Ricks recently? I'm interested as I'm going to need an alignment and balance soon.

jasn78
24-01-2012, 03:22 PM
mate Anthony "VWindahouse" has and they did a great job

putauaki
26-01-2012, 09:28 AM
hey there

Thanks jasn78, I'll give them a go then!

duff_boy
30-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Need to get the wheel alignment checked and the 2 left had wheels/tyres checked for round on the balancer machine after an incident with a massive gully in the road on the gold coast highway at broadbeach caused by the current road works and the heavy rain Saturday night. Is this still a good place to go?

eek
26-04-2013, 12:51 AM
I went to see Rick about a month ago now. I have a MKV Golf R32, and fitted a WALK myself, and brand new Nitto Invo tyres. The old tyres were worn badly, party due to collapsed lower control arm bushes (hence the WALK), and bad alignment.

Booked myself in first thing in the morning and was done in about 1 hr. He mentioned there was an influx of VW people going there because of Jimmy! lol. Gave me a print-out of values on the car, now it's back in spec and feels even better. It's not a 'modern' or 'fancy' looking place, but they're efficient and get the work done professionally. Combination of new tyres, WALK and proper alignment made the car even better to drive.

j_man
07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Does this place work Saturdays ?

VWindahouse
07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
No sorry mate.

colesy
01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Just around the corner from me at work, so just may have to give them a try myself.

ope126
08-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Went and got a wheel alignment / balance / rotation done today at Ricks...
What a difference, highly recommended to all in Brisbane!

I will be taking the Mondeo EcoBoost there tomorrow also!

ope126
09-07-2013, 12:28 PM
So I took the Mondeo EcoBoost to Ricks today for another stellar job.
They found that one of the wheels had an ever so slight buckle and was not true on the Balancer.

Not to worry, he gave me the following details;

The Wheel Workshop
1/16 Jobson St ALBION
P: 07 3862 4587

I gave Sam a call and he fitted me in straight away!

No more buckled wheel!!!

Sometimes its not what you know, but who you know!!!

SPA50
02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Just took my Golf R there today. Highly recommend them! Jimmy pushed me to them and couldn't be happier!! They will set your car the way YOU want it. No bs! Just decent work and respectful employees and owner!