PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the new guy.

Jpeter
21-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone I hope you're all well,

To start I'd like to thank all of the contributors to this forum for the time, thought and practical know-how that they have put in.

Although my VW problem is very minor, it's good to know I'm in safe hands if the big one comes along.

I am the current owner of a 2000 VW Passat, black, leather, sun roof, 1.8L Turbo, etc.

This car has been fantastic during the year I've owned it except for one or two minor gremlins.

The first is when the driver's seat lumbar support dial came off in my hand when I had the temerity to try and adjust it.

The second is that a piece of plastic fell off while I was driving.

The piece is long gone as it happened soon after I bought the car and didn't notice it 'till later.

On the driver's side it is a plastic insertion piece about 200mm wide and about 100mm high.

It's between the strip of plastic that goes across the doors at the bottom and the front bumper. The front edge of this piece is in line with the front of the driver's door when it's shut.

I was hoping someone could help me locate a replacement for this item and tell me how much it would cost.

I live in Vermont, Melbourne,

Any advice from the VW brethren would be mildly appreciated.