PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light

afatboy
20-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new here. Just order my new Tiguan on Tuesday and I stupidly did not order it with fog light. So I have rang my dealer today and wanted to add it, they told me the car is already scheduled for production and I cannot change my order. :(

So I am wondering if anyone in this forum have fitted the after market fog light on to the Tiguan ?

Thanks in advance

a fat boy......

Customer Contract Date

Order Entry Dealer System

16/02/09

Order Entry NADIN

16/02/09

Order Registration IFA

16/02/09

Buildability Check

16/02/09

SGW Rebooking

16/02/09

Current SGW Determination

16/02/09

Allocation of product plant

18/02/09

Handover to production

18/02/09

·

Start Body Shell Shop

20/03/09

End Body Shell Shop

Start Paint Shop

21/03/09

End Paint Shop

Start Final Assembly

23/03/09

Checkpoint 8 Handover to Sales

24/03/09

Start Service Shop

End Service Shop

Exit Production Plant

27/03/09

Arrival Port of Shipment

31/03/09

Departure Port of Shipment

7/04/09

Departure last Port of Transit

Arrival at Port of Destination

18/05/09

Departure from Port of Destination

18/05/09

Arrival at final Destination

19/05/09

WEDEL.1
20-02-2009, 08:36 PM
You should be able to buy them from spare parts & fit/have them fitted.

May cost a little more but you'll have the proper factory units.

I had factory foglights fitted to my T4 Transporter by Trakka in Sydney, they didn't cost that much more.

Maris

afatboy
20-02-2009, 09:09 PM
VW sales said there are nothing they can do. Now I just have to purchase one and ask a garage to fit it. Will try to find out something about Trakka and see.

WEDEL.1
20-02-2009, 10:18 PM
VW sales said there are nothing they can do. Now I just have to purchase one and ask a garage to fit it. Will try to find out something about Trakka and see.

TRAKKA won't do it ask they only deal with campervans.

Your Dealer will be able to, so why not ask the salesperson who sold you the Tiguan to do you a deal on retro fitting? Nothing to loose. If they won't come to the party, ring around other Dealers.

Maris

mulga1
21-02-2009, 06:13 AM
See thread below on driving lights.

Russ59
21-02-2009, 06:20 AM
I wouldn't consider it would be too late to add these to your order, I would try again and insist that you want them. IMO the dealer is being a bit lazy because I very much doubt that it couldn't be done if they press the right buttons. Then again after recent dealings myself with VW (Australia) there's always the possibility that making any changes now could end up seeing the wrong model VW turn up as your order :duh: so it might be safer to have them fitted once you get it.

Russ

NZTiguan
22-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I fitted them to mine see

http://www.mytiguan.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5357&hilit=fog

or http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=23945

No big deal, just a hassle getting them from GB etc but perfectly doable.

Cheers

afatboy
26-02-2009, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't consider it would be too late to add these to your order, I would try again and insist that you want them. IMO the dealer is being a bit lazy because I very much doubt that it couldn't be done if they press the right buttons. Then again after recent dealings myself with VW (Australia) there's always the possibility that making any changes now could end up seeing the wrong model VW turn up as your order :duh: so it might be safer to have them fitted once you get it.

Russ
I try and they insist they cannot do anything....

NZTiguan
26-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Your Dealer will be able to, so why not ask the salesperson who sold you the Tiguan to do you a deal on retro fitting? Nothing to loose. If they won't come to the party, ring around other Dealers.

Maris

The only problem with dealers is that they'll ONLY do it "to the book", that is with all the factory wiring, switches, etc etc. I got an "estimate" from the dealer to fit front fogs to mine and they wanted at least $1600 !! I did it myself for under $500 wired and working. IN NZ it's a $600 option on new so I'm pretty darn happy. The only issue you have fitting them yourself is where you wire them to switch wise. In NZ we have a rear fog as standard so we just put in a relay off that switch and wired the front through that relay but powered direct from the battery. That way ALL my fogs turn on together and I didn't have any problems with the computer "finding" too high a loading on that circuit. Works like a charm for me BUT if you don't have a rear fog already fitted you'd either have to get the correct replacement light switch and have it all coded etc OR wire a separate switch somewhere.

Guess the other option, if you don't really NEED fogs but just want "the look", would be to get some standard fogs that would look OK and just do a "No8 fencing wire" job to make it "appear" as if you have fogs when it's just the reflector, bulb and glass "stuck" in the hole.

Other thing to remember is that the Tig is a relatively NEW model and a lot of this gear will become more available over time.

Cheers

Tigga1
26-02-2009, 06:21 PM
In NZ we have a rear fog as standard so we just put in a relay off that switch and wired the front through that relay but powered direct from the battery. That way ALL my fogs turn on together and I didn't have any problems with the computer "finding" too high a loading on that circuit.
Cheers

In Oz we have the fog as standard as well...

thanks, Derek for your always very informative posts! :)

NZTiguan
26-02-2009, 08:44 PM

Presume you mean the rear fog. That's great to know cos it means that my "fix" will work for anybody in Ausi who wants to do it.

Cheers

TonyTA
26-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I try and they insist they cannot do anything....

What sort of reasons did the dealer give you exactly?
...No, really, what were the real reasons.

It's easy for the dealer to tell you that they can't help, esp. as they already have the sale...but beyond not wanting to help because they dont have to, what is stopping them?

And what other options can they give you: no reason - for example - why the dealer can't take your current order and sell it on to next buyer as if it was part of regular stock, while you order another Tig, just the same but with fog lights.

afatboy
26-02-2009, 10:24 PM
They said is already in production so they can't change the order. There are no other way to help me to fit a fog light, Not even if I pay a bit more for them to do it in Australia.

They told me they do not stock Tiguan and more or less, they are make to order.

TonyTA
27-02-2009, 07:12 AM
There are no other way to help me to fit a fog light, Not even if I pay a bit more for them to do it in Australia.
Watch the wording here ...no other way [they want] to help you [right now].
Clearly an aftermarket retrofit can be done easily if you want to do that, just got to get the parts and someone willing to do it.

They told me they do not stock Tiguan and more or less, they are make to order.
You did not say where you are?
When I was buying my Tig I spoke to maybe a dozen or more dealers and every single one had several TDI Tigs in stock and up to half a dozen unsold orders comming in.
Also, dealers everywhere trade stock between then. It's common practice. Either stock they have in their yard, or something not yet delivered to them.

You've not mentioned the specific options you ordered. If you have something really out of the ordinary then it might be a little harder for the dealer to move or swap, but it you ordered a common setup and all you are missing is fog lights, then the dealer could find another dealer with similar fit Tig consigned to them and swap it.

You need to look for a win-win where the dealer gets the sale still and amkes $ on the deal, and you walk away as another happy customer who loves his Tig.

afatboy
10-03-2009, 02:52 PM
oh I am in Melbourne and the option I got is Sat Nav, Comfort Pack and Leather. I don't think they are out of the ordinary.

Anyway, I think I will try to source them from England and find someone to fit them in here. I have already gone through with the dealer 5 times. At the end of the day, there is not much I can do.

DJY
22-04-2009, 09:37 AM

aren't the fog lights only standard on the 147 TSI?
$400 factory fit option on other models, and dealers here have advised me they can't retro fit.

Sharkie
22-04-2009, 09:46 AM
aren't the fog lights only standard on the 147 TSI?
$400 factory fit option on other models, and dealers here have advised me they can't retro fit.

147 has it standard, $400 optional on all the others.

They can actually retrofit, cost is about $800 I'm told. They do not like to do it and would rather not. It was offered to me on a Tiguan on the way already that I could have had earlier .... I declined.