PDA

View Full Version : project KI11Z progress . . .

KI11Z
17-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Hey peeps,

just thought you all might like to know the progress of my white 1994 VR6 is at with what I've done and what the near future will bring . . .

Have so far (with dohc daves help) fitted a pair of red Sparco Evo buckets, Momo Jet steering wheel (trying to sell, if interested let me know), gutted rear half of the car and now engineered as a two seater, full 2 1/4 exhaust, B&M sport shifter with Momo red boot and alu knob (these momo items will be rid of soon too), Iridium plugs, illegally dark tint, Alpine DDlinear splits and unit, chopped front and side airbox (stock filter is fine as i had the car dyno'd with the filter and without and made literally no difference!). Have a pair of red 4pot Brembo's with 2piece 330mm discs and braided lines :-D which cant be fitted till I sort out my rims :-( , and received my dual hella headlights with a HID kit, badgless grill and tinted side markers today! :-D

On the dyno ma golf pulled 149.8whp with an estimated empty weight of 1900kg (will weigh tomorrow).

Soon after christmas will bring a chromoly half cage with a (already have-Willans 6point harness, a set of Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and a set of lightweight 17x8 rimz (looking at enkei's atm) . . .

Then (can't wait) start on the N/A engine biuld!

and some piccies . . .

EndlessMKI
17-11-2006, 05:48 AM
Holly crap your full into it Alex...........nice one mate.

Power isn't too bad.............though I think your car weighs less than 1900kg maybe 1200kg'ish........not too sure myself.

and yes! the seats........glad it all worked out.

Can't wait till the brakes go on........are you doing suspension as well? that will the seat you'll 'feel' most when driving.

GoLfMan
17-11-2006, 07:25 AM
maybe its 1900 pounds?
dude awesome stuff!!! what is the plan for the engine? its looking great :)

Golf Loon
17-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Are you allowed to change the steering wheel for a non airbag one?

Nice seats though man.

I reckon your car would weight 1300kgs tops. ;)

lyle-act
17-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Are you allowed to change the steering wheel for a non airbag one?

Nice seats though man.

I reckon your car would weight 1300kgs tops. ;)

I personally wouldn't want to get rid of the steering wheel, i reckon the VR one are pretty good hey!

Tim
17-11-2006, 11:07 AM
youre gonna struggle for clearance with an 8inch rim.
Im running PSS9s on my car. keep in mind that u need to space out the rear end a little bit. Im running a 16x7.5 with an 8mm spacer on the rear but still running a 205/45/16 tyre and things are close

golf3
17-11-2006, 01:06 PM
White golfs be rockin!

rayray086
17-11-2006, 01:39 PM
White golfs be rockin!

x2 :D

Keep posting pics KI11Z!

KI11Z
17-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Cheers guys, and no the steering wheel is not legal, but if the pigs dun know it has airbags then its awwwww gooooooood my friend ;)

And a good point bout the 8inch wide rimz, will wait and see how I go!

Engine plans are big atm, I wanna squeeze as much n/a power out of it as I can then if i get bored (doubt it) will charge her :cool:

Golfer
17-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Nice call Sean, there's just something about white Mk3's, they just work!

Insane work on the VR6 KI11Z, making me jealous! Just makes me realize how much i have to do to my baby :( I'll have to drop by and check out the mean machine next time i'm up in Brisvegas!

chadzter
23-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey, I love the what u have done with the car, I am thinking of doing the same thing, Well not literally But i would love to strip the car put a schrink manifold, And a few other things, Well, Well done too what you have done to the car, Love to see some more pics of the back of the interior and other pics j:

Cheers Simon..

wakdog
23-11-2006, 11:19 PM
schrink (Maybe you should finish grade 12 Simon..... Spelling is always a good skill to have.) Schrick manifold.....

I have been looking at the US VWvortex forums in the classefieds part and have seen a few of these going for $850-$1k USD second hand. Very tempting, even though it only gives about 10-15whp gain, it gives 50+nm higher peak torque and from what i have heard, each gear feels like the one below it in a standard car (ie. 3rd would feel like a stock car in 2nd).

KI11Z
24-11-2006, 11:06 AM
QUOTE=wakdog]... i have heard, each gear feels like the one below it in a standard car (ie. 3rd would feel like a stock car in 2nd).[/QUOTE]

Really?! crikey! Can't wait! :cool:

DubSteve
25-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I like the look of the seats and all of the car as is standard and they are pretty hot. But what you have done to the car is pretty nice very stock from the outside, you need to get a bigger front lip off Ebay for around $120 i got mine from england.

chadzter
27-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I have been looking at the US VWvortex forums in the classefieds part and have seen a few of these going for $850-$1k USD second hand. Very tempting, even though it only gives about 10-15whp gain, it gives 50+nm higher peak torque and from what i have heard, each gear feels like the one below it in a standard car (ie. 3rd would feel like a stock car in 2nd).

HAHA!! ur soo funny matt, Not gonig to happen, i ain't the schooling type of person,