PDA

View Full Version : Ability to Change thread title

shaneth
14-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Is there any chance we can have the ability to change the thread title. if possible make it so you can only do it once you reach a certain amount of posts.

Preen59
14-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Is there any chance we can have the ability to change the thread title. if possible make it so you can only do it once you reach a certain amount of posts.

Do you mean, of a thread you have created?

If so, that would be a great idea.. :)

shaneth
14-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Do you mean, of a thread you have created?

If so, that would be a great idea.. :)

Yes thats exactly what i ment.

I just started a thread in ebay which i put a title and i have found out its more then likely wrong but i cant change it.

Preen59
14-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes thats exactly what i ment.

I just started a thread in ebay which i put a title and i have found out its more then likely wrong but i cant change it.

Yeah i hate that. Or there's a typo in it that you didn't see until you posted the thread. It's a real pain.. :brutal:

DaveMack
14-02-2009, 09:51 PM
No! ... Oh, alright ... maybe ... :biggrin:.

I sling the idea into the mod/admin bucket and see if it floats.

Dave

Preen59
14-02-2009, 09:52 PM
No! ... Oh, alright ... maybe ... :biggrin:.

I sling the idea into the mod/admin bucket and see if it floats.

Dave

Gees you're a good bloke, Dave!

DaveMack
14-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Gees you're a good bloke, Dave!

Grovel ... grovel ... grovel ... that's all I hear from you Preeny. :biggrin: But ... in this case you're right ... I AM good bloke. :biggrin:

Dave

Treza360
14-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Same with being able to add a poll once the thread has been created and being able to add options once done. Case in point was my number plate thread. Others suggested some other combinations and it would've been good to add these to the poll. :)
Cheers,
Trent

Preen59
14-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Grovel ... grovel ... grovel ... that's all I hear from you Preeny. :biggrin: But ... in this case you're right ... I AM good bloke. :biggrin:

Dave

Stop editing my posts! :brutal:

DON'T CENSOR MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/c/chris-343.gif

:)

OEM G60
14-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I think its a good idea too.

It used to be possible, i did it before i was a moderator so it used to be possible, its handy for ongoing threads too.

Do you guys have 'thread tools' showing up at the top of the first page in a thread you've created? Thats how i have to edit the title. Although you can edit the first post and title, its only the sub titles that get changed.

Preen59
14-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I think its a good idea too.

It used to be possible, i did it before i was a moderator so it used to be possible, its handy for ongoing threads too.

Do you guys have 'thread tools' showing up at the top of the first page in a thread you've created? Thats how i have to edit the title. Although you can edit the first post and title, its only the sub titles that get changed.

Yeah we have thread tools.. But we are only able to Move, Close, Copy(???) or delete the thread.

OEM G60
14-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Oh OK, i can edit etc from there....

The_Hawk
15-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah we have thread tools.. But we are only able to Move, Close, Copy(???) or delete the thread.

I thought you could and have double checked and your right there is no "edit" button in that drop down menu, but if you edit your post with the little button in the bottom right, then "Go Advanced" you can change the thread title in there.

thestu
15-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I thought you could and have double checked and your right there is no "edit" button in that drop down menu, but if you edit your post with the little button in the bottom right, then "Go Advanced" you can change the thread title in there.

yeh but it doesn't change the thread title...dunno why :?

The_Hawk
15-02-2009, 10:12 AM
yeh but it doesn't change the thread title...dunno why :?

It did when I used my test account, although there was no replys to that test thread... maybe thats it...

If anyone is ever really concerned about their thread title, either PM a mod or use the report a thread button asking for the title to be changed.

shaneth
15-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Hawk it doesn't change the view in the thread listing though as I changed it in my eBay thread but did nothingwhen lookin at thread listing. If that makes sense

geoff_gti
15-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I've changed a thread title before, but I think you can only do it before there are any replies. Used to be able to click in the cell (ie table layout) around the thread title on the forum/section page to edit on the go, or by going into the post you created and use the 'Thread Tools' menu option (I think)