PDA

View Full Version : hi mk 1 golf gtd

redgtd
14-02-2009, 04:06 PM
hi my father has a red gtd golf it was mine but sold it to him in 2004 as i was going overseas i think it is a rare golf so am considering buying it back and tidying it up :)

VW-Gecko
14-02-2009, 04:20 PM
welcome to the site, I too am new here, and the people here seem real helpful and friendly...

Jarred
14-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I think buying it back and cleaning it up would be a top idea!

GTD's are few and far between from what I know, especially in Australia!

Speaking of which, where abouts are you from??

Welcome to the forum.

redgtd
14-02-2009, 07:52 PM
im in south australia. i remember having to the water pump on it once and got the wrong one, it wasnt the normal golf one mayby because of the turbo lots of fun to drive 5 speed turbo diesel :)

i had it for about 4 years before i sold it to my dad

i dont know much about the gtd i heard there wernt many of them but thats about it when i tried to insure it once they told me it didnt exist i told them it was in my driveway so it must :)

Preen59
14-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey mate, Welcome. The GTD's were never sold out here and are extremely rare.

Get it back and fix 'er up! There's a few guys on here that would be cheering to see a GTD fixed up and rolling on Aussie roads. :)

redgtd
14-02-2009, 08:03 PM
it runs great motor was done up about 2 years ago there is a small bit of rust starting to bubble on rear passanger door and passanger side of boot the drivers door has also rusted where the door hinge is the front badge was stolen about 18 months ago

it had an accident a car ran into it when it was stopped at the lights the hatch was resprayed it origionaly it was red with the bit around the window painted black now it is all red

they are the only real problems with it wont take much to have it looking sexy

gldgti
15-02-2009, 07:58 AM
hi mate, welcome!

as said, it would be nice to see a real life GTD in australia - and here you have one. if you're interested in more performance, check out our own diesels section, and this forum:

www.vwdiesel.net

both ofrums are very usefull. vwdiesel.net is pretty much the worl repository for vw diesel tuning knowledge, definately worth checking out and look in the FAQ section first.

welcome another old diesel driver!

mollins
16-02-2009, 01:59 PM
hi mate.. great to see a GTD owner on the forum.

I assumed there were none in Australia.

Get that old diesel back!

Welcome

cheers

Mike