PDA

View Full Version : G'day

VW-Gecko
14-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi all, I my name is Ashly...

I came across this site a few weeks ago when searching some info on my newly aquired Mk I Golf... After a bit of (well alot actually) of reading through build ups and conversions etc i decided on joining as i need a bit of help with finding some parts and joining in the vw community...

Cheers...
Ash...

Jarred
14-02-2009, 01:24 PM
welcome to the forum ashly!

anymore info about your mk 1 or your plans with it??

VW-Gecko
14-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanx, and yeah I had seen the car for months and months on the front yard of someone in the neighbourhood and always wished I could get it...

It is (I believe) a 1976 Mk I (with twin headlights) and from what Ive seen, my dash is diff to norm? has tacho but is square guages not round like ive seen in books... It is custom Lime green w/ yellow pearl, front bar, de-badged, rear roof spoiler, 5 spoke 15 in wheels w/ 195/55/r15 tyres, bluish coloured headlight bulbs, a/m tailights, a/m exhaust and has an alarm system...

Interior is custom yellow and black vinyl seats and trims, yellow and black sport wheel and gear knob, sport pedals...It did also have a full stereo system which the guy took out but they left 2 sony xplode 6x9s and all wiring...

it is un-reg'd but runs fine, the reason Im not too sure about the history is cos it has no compliance plates, but have spoken to the authorities who said that because I can give previous owner, VIN, reg no. etc that it is ok to give all this info when i licence it again and they told me it was a '76 model...

Cheers
Ash...

mikinoz
14-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome Ash.

Western Sydney, NSW, or WA is where you live?

The car should have history with the transport department, however if it has come from interstate etc you may not have much luck.

I hope you enjoy your MK1 and VWW.

VW-Gecko
14-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Welcome Ash.

Western Sydney, NSW, or WA is where you live?

The car should have history with the transport department, however if it has come from interstate etc you may not have much luck.

I hope you enjoy your MK1 and VWW.

Nah, im over at the far west... lol WA...

And in regards to transport department, they said that although the car is now unlic, we dont fill out transfer of ownership papers, and because of that, they can not actually disclose any info (it was prev reg to someone else) to me untill I take the car in to get re-licensed, then at that point it is then licensed to me and i can get the details... LoL It is a bit stupid, but thats the way it is unfortunately over here, I was just lucky that when i spoke to the licensing dep, I had a good guy on the phone who told me the year, as i said that i need to buy parts to get it re-licensed... lol

I hope you understand all that mumbo jumbo...hahaha

Jarred
14-02-2009, 03:58 PM
that sounds very interesting! how bout some pics! :D

VW-Gecko
14-02-2009, 04:07 PM
that sounds very interesting! how bout some pics! :D

Yeah mate, from what Ive said, you can tell why i saw it and wanted it...lol I saw it all the time as it lived around the corner from my house and one day it had a sign with make an offer, I ended up paying $1000 for it...

The car is actually at my work atm, but on Monday I will take some pics for ya all...

And my first "DO's" are the minimum neede to get it re-licenced, which are new window winders (inside plastic teeth are broken), The indicators work when the alarm is turned on/off or set off, but not when actually indicating or hazarding (but the indicator light on dash comes on), so dunno what wrong there yet... Oh and the car has central remote locking too... And I need to fix a bit of rust in the metal front bumper support just under the engine mount, its not too bad but enough to prolly be picked on its about 2in x 1.25 in so i will wire wheel it, kill rust it and plate it, will only take 15 mins.. oh and I need a set of outer door handles if anyone has some, The inner part (that rotates on the spring and pops the door is broken)...

Cheers...
Ash...