PDA

View Full Version : Key cutters (Perth)

dodge
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I've been meaning to mention this for a while,
A few months back I got myself a key off ebay (from the UK) as I only got 1 with the car. I think the place to go to get keys cut in WA has been Diamond lock and key but they charge $60 something for a cut, whereas the place right opposite work called Central lock and key have the machine to do it to and they will charge less than $20!
Unfortunately, they had not set up the machine for this type of key when I dropped by and a couple of days later I impatiently went with diamond. A few hours after that, central called me to say that they were ready to go :duh:

So if anyone finds themselves wanting another key cut, check out:

Central lock and key
4 Augusta St
Willetton
9354 9509

Of course this doesn't help you skip the fkn ridiculous dealer charge (and time requirement!) for rejiggling the immobiliser/keyfobs.

zz2
13-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Diamond Cut and Key are bloody retards. i went to them to get a key cut for my mums Pug 307 and they told me they couldnt cut it because their machine didnt allow it to cut a groove the full length of the key. i asked where else i could go that could do it and very reluctantly they sent me to another place called A1 Locksmiths on Beaufort Street. A1 cut the key perfectly and laughed when i told them Diamond Cuts sent me there because they have the same cutting machine!!