PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

kdub
12-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

My name is Kit, I'm relatively new melbournian after moving from perth following work. I'm also a relatively new golf owner after readjusting my idea of fun after a nasty motorbike accident last year. I recently purchased a modified dark green golf mk2 GTI/VR6 conversion out of the central coast and have spent the last couple months converting it to VicRoads standards (B@stards.. cough cough!). Nearly got this little beauty back on the road after a lot of expenditure and frustration with public transport :duh:

Also i'm trying to chase down a set of MK2 big bumpers - so if anyone is selling or knows where to find - drop me a PM.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the Road!!

dubbed
12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Welcome mate. Quite a unique ride you have there, would be great to see some pics!

Mischa
12-02-2009, 09:13 PM
good to see the person who bought that thing has some taste and is getting rid of the horrid bumpers :)

thats one unique car you've got yourself there! (apart from the other mk2 vr6 in aus :P )

good to see that car is on the forum, hope you stick around!

Jarred
12-02-2009, 09:19 PM
welcome to the forum!

Tim
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
welcome aboard mate.
Once you get her mobile be good to see her at one of the meets.
Id be interested to see what hoops vicroads made you jump through to get it on the road

Golf Loon
14-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Got a set of mint Small Bumpers if you wanted to go that route.

That car has a lot of history, glad you found your way on here.

jaimo
18-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Don't tell me that my old VR is in Mexico!! That car ran a 14.3 in Adelaide back in the late 90's with a stock ECU,tyre's & exhaust. The VR was driven weekly between East Syd & Nowra (south coast) from 96 to 2000. Then was sold to a Dude in the Gong where it was driven daily to Syd for over 5 years.
By the way I never finished off the A/C. Everything is in the dash area but req's compressor, pipe's etc.
Please put the late mod MK2 euro stock bars back on, as the dude I sold it to smashed up the N.S.F area then fitted those ugly fiberglass things. Fit the stock side skirts back on also, then she will look sweet agian.
Best of luck,
Jaimo.