PDA

View Full Version : Newbie but audi driver`

gubbo
12-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey all,

Been lurking for a while but never posted anything. Mainly scouring your for sale sections looking for mods which are hard to come by in audi land.
I'm an audi driver with a noggaro blue 2002 S3.
Have a few mods with APR chip, lowered with koni coilovers and recently
got a BMC CDA and an R1 diverter valve when I upgraded my clutch to a Sachs racing one.

Had my car for a couple of years already and have taken it up to Winton twice for a bit of a spin.

Anyways, just thought i'd drop in a bit of an intro :D

If i see any of you around i'll beep!

gareth_oau
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
welcome aboard gubbo, seen you over at ozaudi:biggrin:

gubbo
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
yeah, do quite a bit of lurking over there as well :p
unfortunately, not many parts for S3's and decent rims are a pain in the ass to come by as they are all 5x112 :( i so want some 18" BBS CH's in 5x100....anyone?

welcome aboard gubbo, seen you over at ozaudi:biggrin:

gareth_oau
12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Gubbo, just buy them from tirerack USD480 ea

(and dont forget to add all the importing on costs!!!)

gubbo
12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah...been thinking about that.
dunno whether to split them up over two batches or not to save on customs duties or if this will just make it more expensive. then i have the decision as well as whether to get tyres etc.

too difficult to make a decision so will sit on it and hopefully someone will offer them up for a good price here :p that would solve a lot of problems :D

also waiting for the exchange rate to improve a little.
although it's not going to go back up to the hefty heights of early 08, a little better than now would be good :p

dubbed
12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Welcome aboard. Can you post up some pics of your S3? It's on my 'next car' list. Has it been down the 1/4 mile?

I have to say that there are nicer rims around for that type of money! But I've never been big on CH's...

gubbo
13-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Hmm....just realised i don't have many pics of my car at all!
Need to wash it and get some more!

This is my car when it was stock ~ 2 years ago at winton.
Looks pretty much the same but a little bit lower.
I'm not too fussed with external mods, more on how it makes it move :D

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/blkvtir/S3Winton2.jpg

I have been down 1/4 mile as well. First time going to the drag strip and I think the best time i ended up with was 14.8. Not fast by any means but had a lot of fun anyway! Much room for improvement but it's also a heavy car.